Chapter 10 (Sam &Alex)

Alex pov

I can't believe he showed up like that. Now she's gonna want to know everything and I can't let that happen. Not yet. I need to make sure Dayton stays away from Sam. I need to see her again. I'm going crazy just thinking about her. Grabbing my phone I open my messages and start texting Sam.

Hey shorty, you feel like going somewhere.

Uhm sure, where. Grinning to myself I text her back saying I'll pick her up. I head out to my car and start driving. I can't help but nervous as I see her house coming into view as she's a short drive from me.

As I pull up I can see her on the porch sitting there looking as pretty as ever. Seeing my car she instantly smiles and starts to get in. "Hey Shorty." I say to her before backing out and start driving again. "Hey Alex, where are you taking me?" She asks. "I figured I'd take you somewhere to eat. Maybe the small diner in town?" I ask seeing if that's okay with her. Notice the smile on her face I assume it is.

Not to long after I pull into a parking spot of the diner as we both get out of the car. Walking in, I lead her to a seat as we sit and order our food. "Alex, I have something to ask you." Curiously I look at her indications for her to go on. "Who is Dayton?" She asks the one question I was hoping she wouldn't have. "Dayton is nobody." I say hoping it was enough.

"He's not nobody, Alex. He knew you and you seemed defensive when he was near." She says firmly. Sighing heavily I really didn't want to do this yet. "I really don't want talk about this yet Shorty. I promise I'll tell you soon just not now." Hoping she understands I wait for her answer. "Okay but soon right?" Smiling in relief I nod my head. Soon our food arrives as we start to dig in. "Just one more thing though, why did he seem to know me, or at least of me?" She asks making me clench my jaw as I certainly didn't want to talk about this. "Shorty I promise I will tell you what you need to know soon I just don't want to get into right now, please?" Slowly she nods her head making me release a breath I didn't realize I was holding.  

"So has Brooke bothered you any?" I ask recalling the red mark on her face after the last time Brooke bothered her. "No, whatever you did worked." To be honest I didn't really do anything other than telling her off saying she's acting like a child. "Honestly I didn't do anything. I just told her she's acting like a child and that she needs to stop." I say while shrugging. "But if she does bother you again, you tell me alright?" I ask her. "I'm hoping it doesn't come to that but I promise you'd be the first to know." She tells me with a soft smile only making me smile back. "That's good, I don't want anything to happen to you." I tell her with a double meaning she won't understand yet. I don't want her in anyway associated with Dayton but it seems like, that won't happen, I just don't know how much time is left before he decides to drag her into this. 

"Hey I'll be okay Alex, I mean it is just Brooke right?" she asks me making me snap back into reality. She can't know. She won't know. I decide as I look at her. She's too innocent and vulnerable to be dragged into my messes. "Yeah you're right Shorty, I mean what more can she do that she hasn't?" I ask making her laugh. "Not much more. She seems to be all talk anyway." Sam states making me burst into laughter, forgetting everything about Dayton and the potential dangers. "That is so true you don't even know the half of it." I say as we both laugh at the ridiculousness of Brooke being 'dangerous'.

After eating we walk back to the car for me to take her home. As we arrive I walk her to the door as she turns toward me. "I had a nice time today, even if it was just eating." She says quietly. Moving a bit closer I slowly take her hands causing her to blush. Lifting her head so her eyes meet mine, I start talking. "I had a good time also Shorty, even if it was just eating." Smiling she grabs my wrist softly before leaning in for a hug. Giving her a hug back I enjoy this moment kissing her forehead before pulling away. As I walk to the car I look back in her direction to see her shocked face as she blushes again.

Sam's pov

What just happened? Did Alex kiss me? Registering the tingly sensation I'm still feeling I'm gonna go with yes. As Alex drives away I slowly turn around and walk inside to go to my room. I really wanted him to tell me about Dayton. I need to know what Dayton did and why does he know of me. He seemed to know who I was and I don't think I like that. 

Is he a stalker?  

I'm not sure about anything right now but I just hope Alex will be okay. I guess I have no choice but to wait until Alex is ready to talk about it. Whatever happened between the two, it must have been serious. 

As I go to try to sleep my phone dings. Seeing a message from Alex I can't but smile as the feel of his lips is still fresh in my mind.

Good night Shorty. Giggling at his text I stop suddenly as I make a realization I can't believe I haven't noticed before. I like Alex.

But does he like me?