Epilogue

-Third POV-

"Clay?"

Clay turns around to see his friend stare at him, George was confuse why his friend went silence.

"Oh sorry, I was just thinking of telling my parents on maybe getting a cat", Clay said with a nervous tone. "I saw this cute brown and black-ish cat when I was wondering around the mall. I believe it's around a couple of months old."

"Oh", George looks away from Clay and stares at the leafs falling down. "Ummm.... Maybe we can try to convince your parents into adopt the kitten when I come over at Saturday."

Clay's frown turn to a happy and cheery smile and look over to his friend, "Thanks George, well we should start lining up, I believe the bell is about to ring."

"Ok lets go", both George and Clay ran to the door of their classroom, they actually have the same class since their parents put them together ever since George got pick on.

"Hey Clay?", George said when they were a couple of feets away of their class. "What is it George? Do you feel ok? Do someone made fun of you?" Clay said with a serious tone, George got scared by the change of his tone, for a small kid, he never heard such a dead-like voice.

"We'll still be friends no matter what, right?"

Clay was shock what he said and wanted to say they will also be friends but he was scared on what George will react to find out about his family's secret.

Clay sighed and said "Of course we will be friends, I will defend you no matter what, but what matter right now is getting to cla-", the school bell rings say on how it is time to head back to class. "Well that answer what I about to say. Let's go George!!!"

-*After school*-

Since both Clay and George need to wait for their parents to pick them up, they will always chat about how school is boring and how they wish they stayed at the playground more. Then George remember something that he wanted to give Clay.

"Hey Clay, I have something for you, I made it a couple days ago and I forgot to bring it in the past few days, so here you go." George handed over a bracelet that has a thick but soft blue fabric with a half silver circle, on it said Clay. He flipped it around the other side and saw that there a half green heart, it looks like it can be pull out. Clay looks back to George with a cheerful smile.

"Thanks George", he hugged his friend and saw that George also has a bracelet on. "Wait you have one too?"

George giggles abit until he replied back. "Ya I do, my mom actually help me with it, and look", George show his bracelet, it looks like Clay's, but with a thick green fabric, the half silver circle said his name and when he flipped it, there was a half blue heart. "We can connect them together like this." George grabs Clay's arm that has the bracelet on and George brought his arm close, then there was a click sound. Clay saw how their hearts connect.

"That so cool George," in the corner of his eye, he saw his dad walking up to him signaling it is time to head home. "My dad is here, see you at Saturday," Clay waves goodbye and walks to his dad, George also saw his dad across the street so he started walking towards him.

-*Clay's POV*-

When he got home he saw his mother cover with blood, Clay saw a body that seem to be rib to shreds and saw how every body part was disconnected and were small pools of blood all over the kitchen. Clay looks up to his dad to see a grin over his face.

"Don't worry about it Clay, me and your mother were hanging out in the garden until this person was so rude to your mother, but we took care of it," Clay's dad said with a sinister tone. "Go get your sister she is in her room packing up her stuff."

Clay forgot he was moving away, his family always moves place to place, he is just 9 years old but knows why the main reason they are moving.

*The Next Day - Saturday*

George was at Clay's house, they were done talking to their parent of adopting the cat, but little did they know, Clay's parents already adopted the cat.

Clay was so happy and was crying of tears of joy. He went up to his dad that was holding the small kitten and went to go hold the kitten.

"So what are you going to name it Clay?" George's mother said, Clay already knew his answer.

"Patches."

The day ended and they were saying goodbye to each other since Clay's family were moving away to another country. George and Clay hugged goodbye until George whisper to him, " We will always be friends, I will wear my bracelet forever. Promise me you will do the same?"

Clay nodded and they both started crying, after a couple of minutes of being in each other's arms one last time. They both waved goodbye and both parted ways. Clay keep his promise and said to himself he would not take off his bracelet.

They will always be friends not matter what.