Shining Gold or Blazing Orange

A/N: Based off of the chapter in Angelica_jefferson's Hamilcast One Shot Book, "Heaven or Hell", so AU idea goes to them, kudos. AU where people's hair gets highlighted a certain color to indicate where they're going when they die. Enjoy!! ✌️

Clover was in his room, excited that hair color would be the one he wanted. Gold. In Remnant, if your hair turns gold on your 18th birthday, you're going to Heaven, with the God of Light. If your hair is orange, you're going to Hell, with the God of Darkness. 

Clover squealed in excitement and walked into the bathroom. Opened the door and closed his eyes. Once he felt like he was facing the mirror, he opened his eyes and his eyes went wide.

His hair turned from its natural caramel color to a blazing orange. His world just...fell apart. He collapsed to his knees and cried.

He heard his mom call his name and she gasped.

Clover opened his eyes, looked at his mom's golden hair and asked, "Do you hate me?" Clover's mom, Em, said, "No!! Of course not, baby!! No matter where you go after this life, your father and I still love you, no matter what.", Emily said.

Henry, Clover's dad, came in and Emily walked Henry out of the room to say the news. Both Henry and Emily have golden hair, which broke Clover even more.

Clover decided to pack up his bags that night while his parents were asleep, write a final note, and left his home.

But, little does he know, that somebody is dealing with the same thing, hoping that somebody would love him for he is...

A/N: much kudos go out to Angelica_jefferson, for inspiring me to make this 2-part One-Shot. Sorry for not publishing lately, I didn't have the energy and I had schoolwork to do. Anyways, enjoy your day!! ✌️