Chapter 25

Arsenio Point of View

If we loose something dear to us, then they say that there is always something better waiting for you to grab it.

I don't know how much of it is true because all my life, as a royal, I could only strive my best to keep what belongs to me. I ever only desired to keep what is mine safe and secure and never had any greed for something more.

But that doesn't mean I'm not ambitious!

I just know clear line of what I have and what I want. No more, no less was always my policy.

A pickle of situation like now was unexpected. I kept Val away from me only to keep her safe and once I finish accomplishing my task, I planned to get her back by hook or crook.

But a son on toe was a pleasant surprise. I now have an heir which is not just a cause of joy but also a cause of worry. The more people are related to me, the more I have responsibility to take care of them.

I glanced at Lucinda, who was summoned by Val a day ago, sitting before me and playing with my son. Need not to say, she was summoned to get details about what said to Val.

Val is not a fool. She has enough brains to read the meaning between the lines. And when it comes to something I said, she would definitely consider it thoughtfully.

"So did you tell her anything?" I asked, confirming that Val is not around.

"She did not ask anything." She didn't? "If at all she asks anything, you want me to tell her or not, Majesty?" Luci continued grabbing the pointed object from my son's hand and putting it away.

The question has put me off!

Should Val know or should she not?

"Sometimes, things are dangerous in both ways so we should see which is less dangerous and opt for it. Revealing truth to her or not is equally unsafe." I said thinking about the problem in hand deeply.

"Luci, here is your milk tea. I prepared it the way you like." Val came with two tea cups in hand and Aerial followed with a bottle of drink for Agustin. Val gave one cup to the smiling Luci and when I stretched my hand out to take the other, she ignored it and had the other cup for herself.

This is petty!

"You forgot to make my favorite grain tea?" I exclaimed with a pout.

"Yes."

"What yes?"

"Yes I forgot."

"Forgot to make my drink?"

"No forgot what your favorites are. It's now none of my business." And the conclusion is clear to me.

She won the argument by giving me the right amount taunt and pricked my heart enough to be conscious around her.

This she devil!

"Alright both of you stop this." Luci held out her hands between both of us stopped us from fighting any further. In the meanwhile Val ordered Aerial to take Agustin out while we talk and gave Javier a nod enough for him to understand that he has to keep a keen eye on our son.

"So, why did you summon me here, your Majesty?" That old witch asked Val with a cocky smile.

Val nothing but returned her smile while enunciating clearly that she is not a Majesty and never shall be. That got to me hard.

I mean, I understand she hates me but can she express it so openly?

How am I to woo her back once the whole mess is cleared?