Chapter 28

Valentina Point of View

Four days; it has been four days since we were back from the business trip and thankfully I was left alone from any calls or text messages from royal pig.

Everything went back to normal. Agustin is back to the same naughty kid who loves to climb everything he sees fit, Aerial is busy taking care of him in my absence, Javier, although, was put here in charge of my son's safety.

Leo had his own issues with Sienna to take care of so now that I'm free and have enough time to plot against the people standing in my way, I'm making necessary arrangements to trap the enemy with the upcoming engagement performance.

Everything is going just the way I wanted.

Just that, I'm worried about what the royal pig might do ignorantly to ruin my plan. The day I realized Pig pretended to cheat on me to keep me away, I was stumped!

I didn't know if I should cry or laugh at the sudden turn of events. I was disappointed and mostly that realization itself got me betrayed.

I may sound unreasonable but I could still be friends with the pig if he really cheated on me but the pretense is what made me felt even more betrayed than the lie.

Trust is one thing, but underestimating and keeping things from your spouse just because you want her safe is nothing but useless male ego.

Chauvinism, if I should put it precisely.

And that is the very reason I'm doing all the work and planning by myself. At this moment, I'm filled with very useful female ego.

His so called love for me can go and fly kites for all I care.

I don't think any amount of wooing on his part can calm the anger and betrayal I'm feeling right now.

With many thoughts and many things to do on my plate, I slowly proceeded to organize the setting for the engagement.

After all, by tonight I will be someone's fiancée, I have to do enough arrangements in my fiancée's honor.

"We will leave now, Queen. Not to worry, I will lay my life to protect the prince." Javier informed coming into my study room along with Aerial and my son in her arms.

"Hmm, then I will trust my son with you. Keep a keen eye on him or else he might run into trouble. Once tonight's party is done, I will give you a call and you can bring him back." Javier nodded and took the bag full of necessities for Agustin.

The engagement party will be held in Bianchi mansion and so it is dangerous for my son to be here in between many people. Arran owns a small summer cabin in the west end of the city so I asked Aerial and Javier to keep Agustin there until the performance tonight is done with.

It is safe and none will suspect my son to be there if worst case of revelation happens.

Hours flew by quickly and evening came faster than I wished for. The whole mansion is decorated like a new bride and the guests started to arrive slowly. Since Leo is out to deal with his personal issues, I had to take care of everything required for the ceremony.

I was sitting in my room all decked up and looking as beautiful as ever. I wore a long Maroon color fishtail sequin dress adorned with elegant thread work and pearls arranged here and there giving it a very regal look.

A perfect dress to mask my intentions of trampling the villain, if you say!

"You look absolutely stunning, dear." Ah, Tia Matias, wife of Tios Matias, announced as she came into my room.