Chapter 33

Matias Point of View

Now, now, now, this is unexpected!

Here, I was making every possible move to dethrone Arse and establish a new commercial throne for my own son and there that lucky boy of my brother's got a son with Valentina.

This made things much more complicated!

"Are you certain about the paternity of the child?" I croaked. My eyes landed on the person in charge of spying on my dear nephew and saw him fiddling his hands in anxiety.

How I wish I could give the authorities of Malaga the same anxiety!

"Yes, your highness. Nearly two years old healthy baby boy who shares equal features of both his mother and father." The spy responded.

Hearing about the sudden heir to the throne popping up out of nowhere, my fist landed on the table callously and the whole glass table cracked into pieces.

"An heir is not an issue but an heir with a Bianchi is definitely a checkmate." Piero Regio, Demetri's uncle and the one who raised him giving him his name, spoke with contempt.

Piero and Bria Regio, brother and sister in law of Maya Regio made it possible for us to come this far with our plan to corrupt the throne and make it a playground for the most powerful families in the world.

When Maya was ill and locked in the private ward of the hospital after giving birth, Bria handled all the formalities and made it seem that she was pregnant with Demetri and gave birth to him, giving their name to him.

That was our first step towards having everything that we were refused of.

Piero held my wrist tightly and stopped me from destroying the room while Bria got a clean cloth to wrap my bloodied hand.

It was indeed a shock and a sensitive moment for them as well seeing how we weaved the web together to get the power we always wanted.

But everything fell apart when Valentine married Arsenio. Being a Bianchi, their support makes Arse formidable.

"Cool down, your highness. This is not the time to waste away your wits in the form of anger." Bria spoke waving off to the spy to leave.

The Regio couple sat before me in the large settee while I walked to the small bar and poured myself some strong stuff to calm myself down.

"How can my bastard nephew be this lucky? We were this close to suppressing him forever and his heir with Bianchi blood came to his rescue. Damnation!" This should be a joke.

Heavens and hell must have joined hands to prank me and make me a laughing stock.

Years, decades of hard work, planning and risks all went awry with the arrival of a product by Garcia and Bianchi together.

"Everything went waste, Piero. Considering the influence and power Bianchi's have; with the little boy sharing Bianchi's name, their support will always be with Arse." F**k this is maddening.

"He is just a little boy, Papa Matias. How hard is it to wipe away his existence from the face of earth?" Demetri snicker and boy how can he be so foolish.

He is an accomplished lawyer with no active brain.

"Far from it, it is actually hard, hijo. Do you think the state of Malaga only has a ruling Majesty? Malaga has thirty officials in total that holds the state intact and supports the ruler. If anything were to happen to Arse or his son, your Papa Matias shall be the first person to be taken as a suspect. Not to forget those thirty official subjects supports Arsenio blindly. Do you know that in the centuries history of Garcia rule, Arsenio is the only king who is completely supported and backed by all of his officials?"