Chapter 42

Valentina Point of View

"You flatter me, sir. He is still a baby." I laughed out politely when one of the council members informed me time and again how my little son will make a great King.

He is just two for God sake!

I skimmed through the people who came especially to be part of my son's humble birthday celebration. Since the situations are not good, Tia advised to invite only the absolutely necessary people.

In that case, I only invited the council members, Tia and Tio to be a part of the celebration, although Matias did not show up yet.

Ah yes, Pig invited himself and barged into the party as if he owns it and well if I say my son is not at all pleased to see his father giving an entry without invitation, is not a joke.

"He is my son. Why is he being moody to me all of a sudden?" Pig complained as soon as the person talking to me walked away.

He looked absolutely irked but what's more funny is Agustin is calmly sitting in his arms as if he is the definition of great son to any father.

Of course pig is worried. The son who always tease him is sitting calmly and lovingly in his arms and that itself is something terrifying for him.

"He always behaves well in front of people. I don't think he is moody at all. Look at him how he is grinning at me like sky of stars shining down." I said as I pinched my smiling son's cheeks.

I just can't help pinch and bite his chubby cheeks every now and then. How the hell can my baby be so cute?

He is utterly adorable and eye blindingly lovely in his rabbit outfit.

God! So cute!

I kissed all over his face causing fit of laughs from him. I laughed, he laughed, we laughed, people who saw us laughed, everyone laughed – except –

Except the Swine King!

He has his face folded and wrapped with jealousy and mostly annoyance.

I cannot enjoy anything more than his expressions right now. My baby indeed is the right medicine to cure pig.

"Will you both stop it already?" Pig chided pulling Agustin away from me and my son returned back to his blank state.

"Majesty, please." The international trade affairs minister took Agustin from pig and the little boy is back to his cheery and playful shape.

Pig kept his eyes on the little boy longingly for a while before he turned to me and glared at me like I have sinned greatly.

"How to win his heart? Why is he always like me with me?" He held my hands in his and pleaded. If not for the people around, he would've gotten on his knees surely.

Like him to him; a good analogy!

This is fun!

Serves him right!

"Come on, Majesty! Are you asking me ways to win your own son's heart? You are a man who won several hearts with your charms and tricks. You tricked the whole world into worshipping you. How hard is winning a little boy's fragile pure heart for you!" I scoffed waving my hand brushing off his problem as if it is nothing at all.

But on an honest note, I know Agustin loves his father. If I have to say, he loves Arse more than he loves me and it is just his way to show his love to his father.

What I came to understand is my son loves his present character towards his Papa. He enjoys teasing him, challenging and testing his patience and it is not going to stop anytime soon.