Late Dinner and Conversation (CH:7)

CHAPTER 7:

Henrikas wasn't quite sure how this had happened.

Just an hour ago, he was alone, living in the woods and eating a poor woman who had died from an accident. Oh, did you forget to mention that you played the violin too? In the middle of the night besides that. However, it was not his fault, the new memory tempted him to play, as if to check if he could still play the violin or not. However, he did not realize that he had a "bystander" at the time.

Now, he is in a moving car.

Sitting on the passenger side of said spectator's car, while the older man drives through the silent night. He looked at Hannibal without the man noticing as he remembered the things that had just happened.

"I need to change to something more presentable."

The dried blood felt uncomfortable on his skin. You need a quick bath.

Hannibal looked at him before nodding. He seemed pleased when he said that. "Of course. I'll wait in my car then. I think you know how to get to the main road." The last sentence was more like a statement than a question, but Henrikas nodded anyway. "Excellent."

Henrikas walked over to his bed and is about to grab his strap bag when Hannibal speaks again. "You realize that you need to cover the blood traces." The pause. Well of course. Whereas the older man had found it by mistake.

"Yes. And I have some way of hiding the track," he trailed off, "but I have no idea about the blood on the main road." Henrikas admitted.

Hannibal smiled. "

Henrikas raised his eyebrows. "And that is?" I have asked curiously.

"Along the way, I have found an animal, a fox, to be exact. Caught in a trap." Hannibal smiled. "I think it will benefit you in some way." He said, leaving the obvious clue.

The fox had basically become a scapegoat. He killed the furry animal before putting it in the pool of blood. No one noticed or would have thought that the blood belonged to a human, except if they do the DNA test. It was by chance that there were no other cars passing the road that night as well. The trace of the dragged body and its footprint also disappeared, so that no one suspects anything.

Hannibal seems satisfied at the time and before he knew it, he was heading to the doctor's house, using the doctor's car of course. It was my first time traveling by car and to be honest I was pretty excited, if not a little anxious. A childish side of him wanted to press every button he could see just to know what he would do, but of course his grown mind knew better. Faintly, it reminded him of the time when he rides a broom during his days as a Hogwarts student. He loved the feel of the draft on his face, not to mention the adrenaline pumping through his veins. It's one of the themes I loved when I was a magician. Of course, James wouldn't let him ride one after he managed to outrun Charlus when he was flying, but of course, you can't completely stop him from playing when he needs to learn to fly with a broom.

Tinted windows obscure the true colors of the lush dark greenery as you gaze into the glass and recline back into the comfortable seat. Henrikas wondered how the mechanism works. He had never ridden a car like in the wizarding community before, all Muggle inventions were regarded as despicable. However, some of them were more curious about how Muggles manage to create something out of a metal, a good example of this was Arthur Weasley. He knew the wizard had a car, a flying one, because Charlus and Ron had stupidly driven the car into the Muggle community one day.

The half creature smiled as he vividly remembered that Charlus had been scolded by the teachers, not even his parents could help the nasty boy. The face Charlus had made that day was one of the images he would always have in mind as the boy's face flushed with anger and humiliation.