Intruder (CH:16)

CHAPTER 16:

Henrikas winced as his hand had lost its grip on the fork, colliding with a loud noise as it made contact with the plate. A slight tremor ran through her right arm, numbing the appendix for a brief moment before the sensation faded without a trace.

"Sorry," Henrikas said, grimacing, and picked up the dropped silverware. Across the table, Hannibal was looking at him with a frown on his face.

"Does your hand still bother you?"

The large handprint that was marked on his wrist was quite unpleasant at first glance. The shade of black, blue and purple, with a hint of yellow, had mixed messily as if an amateur artist had painted his entire arm, experimenting, wondering if the color would come together, it hadn't.

Henrikas was confused the first time he saw the bruise after waking up from what he could only think of as a bad case of falling at the foot of the stairs, which for a moment, he thought so, because that would explain his throbbing head and presence Hannibal in his room. It took some details from the psychiatrist for Henrikas to remember what had really happened and what had turned his confusion into fear; he was very lucky that no one had undressed him during his unconscious state or they would have seen his scarred body, as Hannibal did not look at him differently, it was safe to assume that he had not seen him, otherwise the psychiatrist would have confronted him at respect.

Hannibal had asked him what had happened in the hospital, what he had remembered, and Henrikas told him about the strange creepy man, leaving the part where Henrikas had read his mind, and what the man had done to him that caused him injuries. . Hannibal's eyes gleamed gloomily when he was explaining that particular event.

He didn't remember what had happened during the gap between her knocking him unconscious upon waking up in his bed with Hannibal looming over him like a shadow covered with greenery, except for the buzzing sensation that floated in and out of existence and the hot. The last, he supposed, was the leftover feeling of being dragged along by Hannibal, again; Henrikas reasoned that it was useless to be ashamed of the matter, since he was indisposed at the time.

Henrikas had also recalled parts of a feeling of deep longing; he thought he had seen his mother, and he could smell his father's scent too, but it was blurry and hazy.

If that was another memory being unlocked, Henrikas swore that he himself would kill the creepy man, one way or another, Henrikas would find a way, as it was his fault that Henrikas's precious memory was darkened and indistinguishable; it was difficult enough to activate their previous memory on their own, but due to the interruption, Henrikas could not even see the memory for himself and would probably never see or remember that particular memory again.

That thought hurt him more.

The saving grace was when he found out that Mr. Will was the one who saved him, too bad Mr. Will didn't kill the creepy psycho, and Henrikas made a note to express his thanks to the profiler when they met again.

The psychiatrist did not share any information about the event that had occurred during his experience outside of him and, although Henrikas wanted to know more about it, he was still running away from the approaching conversation with Hannibal; He insisted that he would do it today, no more evasion, when the right opportunity arises.

"A little," Henrikas replied, stabbing the eggs with more force than necessary. Hannibal had resumed his meal, but kept looking at him with those reddish eyes.

It had been nice that Hannibal had taken two and a half days to stay with him. It reminded him of the time when Henrikas had first lived with the older cannibal, the psychiatrist's attention was solely on him, and no patient came between them.