Dream and Nightmares (CH:13)

CHAPTER 13:

A / N: Hi guys! I hope you enjoy this chapter!

General warning: oaths, child abuse in the past, mention of rape.

Couple : Hannibal / Will

Disclaimer: I do not own the Harry Potter and Hannibal series.

Chapter 13: Dream and Nightmares

Henrikas's heavy breaths hit his ears hard. The creature half continually made snapping twig sounds and crunching dry leaves as it ran. The strangled gasp that escaped his mouth echoed through the dense woods as he looked behind him.

A black thing like a balloon was chasing him. Despite not having a solid form, the liquid creature moved easily as it approached. Any surface that came into contact with it turned black, as if it were contaminating them simply by touching them. Henrikas watched in horror as another tree fell victim; The green pigment on the leaves drastically faded, turning gray before turning completely black. He looked away, feeling sick to see it.

Henrikas turned right when a crossroads appeared ahead. It turned out that the path he chose was full of vines and thorn-covered bushes. Still, she kept up her pace, ignoring the stab of pain as her feet scratched at the plant's defense mechanism. He had no time to think. All he needed was to run. Quick. So the thing couldn't catch him.

The image of him being sucked out of her life if she touched him shook the half creature very much. Although he didn't know what would happen if he managed to catch it, Henrikas didn't want to take chances. It wouldn't be a good thing, that was for sure.

He jumped over a particularly large stone when it blocked his path and winced when his feet landed in some of the thorny bushes. Henrikas didn't get a chance to take a breath when, suddenly, he saw some blackened bushes not far to his left. Biting her lower lip, she continued running as her body pumped once more with adrenaline.

"He ..."

Henrikas raised his head. Somehow, he could swear that he heard a sound somewhere in the forest.

"... we ..."

There! I have heard it again. Where have I came from? He looked behind him, noticing that the black stain was too close for his liking, before facing his forehead again. There was nothing else here except him and that thing. Nobody.

Could it be, he swallowed awkwardly, the voice coming from the thing?

He looked at the thing when he heard the voice again.

"He ... yes ..."

"No!" Henrikas screamed as he covered his ears. "For!" He closed his eyes when he heard the voice again, desperately trying to escape both the voice and the thing. Unfortunately for him, due to his lack of vision, Henrikas did not see the fallen branch in front of him and fell when his feet caught on it.

"She ... yeah."

"No, no, no! Stop!" I have yelled incoherently as I have tried to stand up. His feet hurt. He felt like his lungs could explode at any moment. Henrikas stumbled a bit before regaining his balance. Looking back, the black liquid was still relentlessly following him, even though it was quite far from him. Frustrated tears began to flow. "What do you want of me ?!"

But there was no reply. It just kept moving towards him.

"What do you want?" Henrikas asked in a daze, tired of wrapping it up. "Stay away ... please. Just stop," he begged as he looked at the incoming balloon. I was exhausted. He knew that if he ran, it wouldn't last long. "Por favor."