Mixed Feelings (CH:14)

CHAPTER 14:

Well, quarantine is bad for me, but I'm still at home, stay at home, it's the best for everyone ... if you are from Venezuela or if you are not, let me know, I am bored and see if we do a WhatsApp group ---

enjoy this chapter!

When Henrikas, stunned, emerged from the hazy depth of sleep, he became aware of the noise to his right from a distance. He blinked wearily across the room, trying to collect his thoughts, and stiffened as memories of the night before flooded his mind in a rush: the guest had been first, he and Hannibal had sat side by side at the table in the restaurant. dining room and then later. , he took another bath to stay awake, Hannibal came by, brought him tea, and later, Hannibal read him a story until he fell asleep. The psychiatrist chuckled: "Early? Am I?"

That particular memory made Henrikas's stomach clench, warm and pleased, as it made his heart pound anxiously against his ribs, his cheeks flushed with shame and embarrassment, remembering how sorry he was towards Hannibal.

"Herkus? Are you awake?"

Henrikas gulped and looked to his right to find Hannibal looming over him. The man was already in his suit, pristine and appropriate as an aristocrat, although his briefcase was nowhere near him. The smell of food entered the room, Henrikas noticed it belatedly, coming from the tray that was half hidden by the form of the psychiatrist.

"Hannibal?" He said quietly, confused, "You were early."

Henrikas sucked in his breath through his nose, there was a sudden realization at the unsuspecting comment, and he rose, shifting from under the duvet. He looked at his watch and blinked at 8:17 in the morning.

"The dose turned out to be too much for your body," Hannibal said, his voice deep and firm. "Don't worry about being late, Herkus. You'll be spending time with Mrs. Kelly today."

Henrikas frowned and nodded, indicating the tray with his hand. "What about breakfast in bed?"

"I thought you would appreciate it," Hannibal said, his face carefully blank. "With the excitement of the other night."

He smiled weakly, doing his best to ease the shame that was tangled in a knotted mess around her belly. "Right."

"You can sleep if you want, after you eat, of course," Hannibal continued, "if you plan to do more than sleep, I think Ms. Kelly has surprises for you. I have already given my permission, but if she has no intention of doing the you want, it's understandable. Besides, I'll be home late today. "

" Uh, okay, "he murmured, sliding onto the comfortable mattress again, moving here and there to get comfortable. "How beats?" "Guilty as accused," Henrikas said with a sheepish smile as he climbed onto the stool with practical practice. "I can have one?"

The psychiatrist cocked his head slightly to the side, "We're not having dinner together, if that's what you're asking." Henrikas frowned, his mouth sour at the thought of not seeing Hannibal for most of the day. "I'll try to come back before you fall asleep to snuggle you."

Henrikas sputtered. "I don't need you to lay me down!" The jumble of emotions flickered in his chest, twisting in denial.

Hannibal nodded, a hint of a smile on his face. "Of course."

He snorted in exasperation, squinting into her reddish eyes as he shifted slightly under the duvet. "You're going to be late," Henrikas pointed out.

That made the psychiatrist laugh. He looked towards the door,

Henrikas ignored the mocking curl of Hannibal's smile as she backed away from him, frowning when he felt a sunk weight on the mattress behind him as the warm, unfeeling palm rested on his head. He stiffened as soft, chapped lips brushed the side of his temple.