Reaching Out (CH:15)

CHAPTER 15:

MEDICAL INACCURACIE Alert!

Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I do not own the Harry Potter and Hannibal series.

Chapter 15: Reaching

There was a muffled commotion somewhere near him and Henrikas only caught the bits of it when he blinked to realize it. He shook off the last tendril of sleep that clung to him and ran his hands over his eyes when his vision was still a bit hazy than usual.

"Sorry Henrikas, did we wake you up?"

Henrikas took his time cataloging what the woman, Alana, was saying before taking note of the guilty expression on her face. Yawning, he shook his head and stiffened as the words finally appeared in his sleeping brain.

'US?'

When he blinked once more, Mr. Will suddenly appeared in the room, already awake.

Henrikas blushed, hot, deep shame churning in his stomach in waves, and he quickly wiped the drool off his mouth before sitting up straight, the blanket bunched at his waist. Her cheeks warmed when the eyeliner noticed what she had done, giving her a somewhat amused smile.

Fortunately, Alana was unaware of any of her actions, as she seemed to be in a hurry while putting most of her belongings away.

"Where we go?" Henrikas asked.

Alana stopped what she was doing and turned to him, with an apologetic expression, "I'm sorry about this, but I have an emergency, our little date will have to wait." Mr. Will snorted, but Henrikas barely paid attention to the joke when the darkness, the ugly, and the anxiety turned his stomach.

"What about me?"

"Well, it looks like he's spending time with Hannibal - which, reminds me, don't call him though."

Alana fished something out of the bag and Henrikas paled at the familiar device in her hand.

"Not!" Henrikas blurted out, becoming conscious when two pairs of eyes looked at him in surprise. "I want to stay with you, Alana. Can I go with you?"

She made another apologetic face, kneeling in front of him. "Sorry, but I doubt Hannibal will let me steal you for a day. Don't worry, we'll have a lot of fun together later, but not today, okay?" She gently stroked his cheeks and went back to her phone.

Panic bubbled up inside Henrikas like a waterfall, strong and undulating; He wasn't ready to face Hannibal yet.

"Alana," Mr. Will interjected, his hand on her shoulder, "I, um, can I take care of him if you want?"

Henrikas felt his heart freeze, his mind buzzing loudly, wondering for a moment if his ears were playing tricks on him.

'Did Mr. Will just offer to babysit?'

"Are you sure Will?" Alana said hesitantly, scowling and doubtful. Something in Mr. Will's expression must have changed because she was sighing and nodding, "I still need Hannibal to know."

"I will call him".

Henrikas was surprised to hear that, and looking at Alana's arched eyebrows, so was she. Henrikas knew how much Hannibal had bothered Mr. Will, and the profiler generally avoided any contact with the psychiatrist unless it was necessary, such as his session. Even then, Mr. Will had left the psychiatrist's office faster than a frightened animal.

"Okay," Alana said, and looked at Henrikas again, "Are you okay with Will?"

"Yes," Henrikas replied, elated.