chapter five

I practically sprinted to Sawyers house after work. I bursted through the door and found Sawyer and Ava playing cards. They both turned and looked at me weird, probably wondering why I was so out of breath. I placed one hand on my hip and the other on my knee bending over trying to catch my breath. "You guys," I said taking a breath. "Will never believe," another breath. "What just happened!" I said running over to the couch and collapsing onto it.

"What?" They both said together, putting their cards down and turning to face.

I lifted my head from over the couch "I saw him again. Charlie. We actually had a conversation. Well honestly he spoke, I listened. Same thing right?" I babbled on, talking really fast because I was extremely nervous.

"Woah! Slow down there girl," Ava said. I looked over at her and caught her peaking at Sawyers cards which made me laugh instantly calming my nerves.

"Yeah just back up and tell us what happened," Sawyer said getting up to get something from the kitchen.

"What time is it?" I asked suddenly remembering I have the entire day off of work for a reason. I had to meet Avas mom for some classes. I also had to find a way home. I hadn't been there in two days. My dad was going to completely freak. I suddenly felt extremely overwhelmed.

"It's almost 2" Sawyer said grabbing a soda from the fridge. She offered me one but I was busy freaking out about everything on my plate.

"Okay I'll fill you in quick before I have to run," I said. I began to tell them about the entire encounter, leaving out nothing. "He kind of... sort of... asked me to show them around tomorrow," I said fiddling with my hands.

Silence. For a couple of seconds neither of them said anything. Which made my stomach start to hurt even more. They probably thought I was in over my head. Or most likely hallucinating from lack of sleep.

And then they both started to scream. And I mean really scream. Like the kind that would probably make me go deaf. I shielded my ears until they calmed down. "Well?" Ava asked.

"What did you say?" Sawyer added.

"I said I was working," I said grabbing a pillow using it as a shield. I couldn't bare to see the look on their faces. When I peaked my eyes at them, they were both glaring at me. "I can't just give my shift away!" I said defensively.

"You could've just gave it to Ava," Sawyer pointed. Hmm, that was actually a really good idea. I don't know I didn't come up with it on the spot. Oh, right. Because I had the dreamiest boy staring into my soul making it hard for blood to flow to my brain. My bad.

"That's not the point, it doesn't matter if I work or not," I said.

"Why not?" They said together.

"Because he asked me to hang out with them after my shift.." I said hiding my face again.

"I swear to god Lake, if you told him you'd be working again..." Ava starting rambling on. I shook my head.

"He ran off before I could reply. He said not to blow him off though."

"Okay here's the game plan," Ava said lifting her shirt sleeves up. "We're gonna go to work. And you're going to have the hottest outfit waiting for you in your bag."

"Yes! And then Ava can cover your night shift and you can go hang out with him," Sawyer added high fiving Ava.

"Okay great, now that you have my life planned out for me. How the hell am I supposed to talk to him?"

"Well If I am correct, as I usually am, and a high power is involved in this, then you won't need to worry. If it's meant to be, the conversation will just come naturally," Ava said closing her eyes, really getting into the moment.