chapter sixty two

If someone were to tell me this is what my life would be like right now a couple months ago I would've probably laughed in their face.

I was currently seated in some random seats at Madison Square Garden. Carolynn and I, however, had abandoned those seats. We were jumping up and down, screaming at the top of our lungs, singing every lyric the band was performing.

Every so often I would just stop and watch the show they were putting on. My eyes would get glossy just thinking about how hard they've worked for this dream of theirs to actually become real.

I couldn't keep my eyes off of Charlie. I knew he was determined to find my face in the crowd of people. I smiled to myself every time I caught his eyes scanning the crowd. Carolynn and I would glance at each other, a blush creeping on my face at how frustrated he seemed each time he couldn't find me.

It was adorable.

"I'm going to go backstage," I yelled over the music to Carolynn as they started playing the encore.

She nodded her head. My feet started moving before I could hear her reply.

I ran down the row of seats, ignoring the weird stares and glares I was getting from strangers. I didn't even care. I had to get backstage as soon as possible.

I took a deep breath and pushed my legs, moving them faster up the aisle. One of the crew members noticed the badge around my neck. With wide eyes he started jogging backwards, leading me backstage.

"This way ma'am," he yelled over his shoulder. My balled my hands into fists, my gaze going down to my feet, smiling at myself. After several sharp turns the man stopped and pointed straight ahead. I gave him a quick smile before running straight ahead.

I could see the stage. My quickly came to a halt just where the curtains were pulled back, revealing the stage.

It wasn't long before the band said their 'thank you's' and 'goodnights'. Charlie was the first to dart towards the exit. He was staring at the ground as he handed his guitar off to someone. He slowly looked up, a grin spreading across his face as he saw me. He picked up his pace. When he was close enough he ran into me, picking me up along the way.

I felt his strong arms wrap around my body. My arms instantly wrapped around his neck as he spun me around.

"Aw get a room already!" Madison yelled out as she grabbed a water bottle and walked away before she sent us a wink over her shoulder. Man I loved that girl.

"Baker," I heard Charlie whisper as he took in a dee breath. I took the opportunity to do the same.

He slowly put my down. My arms slowly slid down to his arms, not even caring if he was covered in sweat right now. He was wearing an old vintage t-shirt with the sleeves cut out. My mouth went dry at the sight of him.

"That was amazing!" I said once I was able to tear my eyes away from his arms.

His smile grew wider and he shook his head slightly.

"It was pretty insane, wasn't it?" He said sheepishly.

"Understatement!" Owen called as he walked passed us.

"What he said," I said, giving him a wink. "I'm already regretting keeping my phone in my pocket," my bottom lip popped out as I pouted.

Charlie's eyes faltered down to my lips for a quick second before returning to my eyes.

Without even thinking about it, I lifted my right hand and brushed the few strands of hair that were in his eyes. I made a mental note to tell him to trim his hair a little.