chapter thirty two

He had to be kidding me right?

There was absolutely no way my dad was on his way here. No way. Right?

I started panicking.

What was I going to say? What was I going to do?

I felt tears forming in my eyes.

I literally told him I was going to be working tonight!  Now he's going to find out I was lying. This was not going to be good.

How the hell did they even get in contact with him?

Oh no, I felt nauseous. And dizzy. Not a good combination.

"Lake? Are you alright?" Charlie said, unhooking arm from where it was around my shoulder. He bent down and looked me in the eyes and I just nodded my head.

"Hey, don't worry, I'm sure it won't be as bad as you think," Jeremy said, patting my shoulder.

"Wait what's wrong with your dad showing up?" Carolynn asked.

"Hopefully nothing," I whispered and then there was a knock at the door.

"Maybe we should all take our seats," Owen said to us as Kenny walked to the door. He pointed towards the table on the right side of the room next to the kitchen and we all nodded. I took a second to run over what everyone was wearing. I wanted to make sure it was appropriate.

Not only was my dad about to find out that I lied about where I was, he was about to find me in a hotel room, alone with three other boys. Kenny and Carolynn wouldn't matter to him. The fact that they were of the opposite sex. Don't even get me started on when he finds out that they're in a band.

Oh no, oh no, oh no. This was not going to be good.

Owen was wearing a plain white t-shirt with jeans. I quickly grabbed his hat and threw it across the room.

Jeremy was wearing a navy blue striped polo shirt with matching shorts, and Carolynn's dress wasn't that short. I breathed out a sigh of relief. That was easy.

I inhaled sharply when my eyes focused on Charlie. "Charlie," I hissed at him. "Run inside and change your shirt. Quickly," he was wearing a shirt with the sleeves cut off as usual. That was the first red strike. The second was the fact that it was a Metallica shirt with a huge skull all over the front. My dad would not take that lightly.

"What? No way. If your dad doesn't like me then that's his problem," he argued. I begged him with my eyes.

"Please." I whispered. I did not want the first time Charlie met my dad to be like this. He would be on his blacklist for sure. Charlie huffed before running inside.

I walked over to the table and took a seat next to Owen. I knew he would be able to save the situation if things got bad.

God I hope this was going to be fine.

Charlie ran back out with a grey hoodie on and took a seat on the other side of me. I gave him a weak smile. "Thank you," I said grabbing his hand and squeezing it. I let go as soon as I saw Kenny walk in with my father.

"Lake?" My father asked instantly confused.

"Um, hi dad," I said, trying my best to remain eye contact. I could see he was already getting mad.

Oh no. He was going to blow up. I didn't want them to see this. It was going to be embarrassing. How pathetic was my life? I already knew the answer to that.. Extremely pathetic.

"What are you doing here?" He asked me and then his eyes travelled to the two boys seated on either side of me. I knew that the wheels in his head were turning at full speed.