chapter forty seven

After work we went home and got ready for the wrap dinner. I was the first one ready so I went to the living room to wait for the boys. I called Ava on Facetime until they finished.

"He did not!" Ava squealed and I nodded my head. "Kenny is my kinda guy," she said.

I had just told her about how he made me dance with Owen.

"Charlie totally freaked didn't he?" She asked and I nodded my head again. "When are you gonna realize-" she started saying but I widened my eyes trying to get her attention to stop. Thankfully she got the message just as someone walked in.

"Who are you talking to?" Charlie asked as he walked into the living room and sat down on the couch next to me.

I couldn't help but notice that he looked good.

"Lake, you're drooling honey," Ava teased and I stuck my tongue out at her.

I turned the phone so that he could see Ava. "HEY AVA!" he screamed into the phone and she just rolled her eyes at him. "Oh come on, you have to admit, you miss me!"

"Of course I do," she said sarcastically.

"Just a little?" She shook her head and he laughed. "You're just mad because I stole Baker from you," he teased, wrapping his arms around me.

"Now that is something I can confirm. I can't believe you took her from me. I'm so bored here," she whined.

Charlie and I both laughed at her. She was always so dramatic.

Suddenly I heard someone cough. I turned my head and saw Owen standing awkwardly in the middle of the room.

He had been acting weird all day. I made a mental note to talk to him about that later.

"You ready?" Owen asked us and we nodded our heads.

"Ava I'll call you later alright?" I said before blowing her a kiss and hanging up.

Charlie moved his arm from around me and stood up, looking at Owen. "Who's driving?"

"Uh.. actually I just remembered I have to do something. You guys go ahead and I'll catch up with you," Owen said, playing with his head.

I frowned. "Are you sure?" I asked. He nodded his head. Charlie turned to me and held out his arm for me to take.

"Your chariot awaits," he said causing me to laugh.

"Bye Owen!" I waved at him as we left. Charlie ran to my side and opened the door for me. "My! What a gentleman!"

"Only the best for my Baker!" He winked at me as he closed the door behind me. He ran to the other side of the car and got in.

"If the backstreet boys start playing right now I'm going to jump out of this moving vehicle," I joked as his hands reached for the stereo.

He hesitated before pressing the button. I held my breath, waiting to see what would play. Luckily it was a random song.

"You just need to accept the fact that thats our song," he joked and I shook my head.

"No way! If we ever have a song it has to be something cuter and more sentimental. Something that means something to us," I said.

"But this means something to us!" He argued and I shook my head. "Baker?" he asked, turning down the music suddenly.

"Yeah?" I said nervously.

"You.. um.. You look really pretty tonight," he said clearing his throat, keeping his eyes on the road.

My stomach flipped. What the hell was that?