chapter thirty nine

"Hey, Lake, wake up. We're here," I heard someone say. "Laaakee," I groaned as I reluctantly opened my eyes. All three boys were hovering over me, smiling creepily.

"She's awake," Jeremy whispered.

"We can see that, Jer," Charlie whispered back.

"Hey Lake, we're kind of the only people left on the plane," Owen said.

"Yeah, they're basically kicking us off," Jeremy added.

"Um okay, my bag-" I began to say groggily, rubbing my eyes. As I stood up they backed up, giving me some room. Owen raised his arm, showing me that he was holding my bag.

"Already got it," he smiled at me, patting the bag to reassure me. I nodded and started walking.

"Was I asleep the entire time?" They all nodded.

"Did you know you snore in your sleep?" Owen laughed and my eyes widened. Oh god, please let them be joking. I knew I was exhausted, so it was most likely.

"Yeah, but it was adorable. My shoulder on the other hand is killing me," he teased, rubbing his shoulder with his free hand.

"Oh god," I groaned, raising my hands to cover my face. I was mortified.

"Don't sweat it. I'd trade in my shoulder to hear your adorable snore in my ear any day," Charlie winked at me and I blushed.

He was in a very good mood. I tried not to worry about the fact that we held hands. I knew it was wrong. Friends didn't do that. I only hoped it wouldn't get worse on tour. Sometimes, my body had a mind of its own when it came to Charlie. Acting without thinking.

I looked around and realized that Kenny and Carolynn weren't walking with us. "Where is Carolynn, Jer? And Kenny?" I asked as we got off the plane.

We had just landed in Canada. I didn't have all the details yet, but I knew they had to wrap the filming for season 2 first.

Shit. I just realized I didn't have a place to stay.

"They went ahead to try and speed up the process," Owen said looking at the ground.

My stomach dropped. I was so caught up in helping Charlie calm down, I hadn't realized how it probably made Owen feel.

This was going to be harder than I thought.

"Hey! Sleeping Beauty finally woke!" Kenny said as we approached them.

"All set?" Jeremy asked Carolynn, grabbing their passports and flipping through the pages. She looked at him, smiled brightly and nodded.

I couldn't help but notice how adorable they were. I wondered if it came easy for them. A part of me was envious. Their relationship seemed so smooth. If only it were that simple.

Once we grabbed our bags we walked outside. Kenny stepped aside to take a phone call while we waited for the cars to pick us up.

"I can't believe you're actually here," Charlie said, pulling me close to him.

"Yeah, me either," I smiled up at him. "I just didn't think it through," I whispered.

"What do you mean?" he said, pulling away, looking hurt.

"No, no. I just mean. Uh, I haven't really thought about the details. Like where I'll be living, and-"

Charlie's face instantly relaxed.

"You can stay with us!" Carolynn offered and Jeremy eagerly nodded his head.

"Uh.." I hesitated. Did I really want a third wheel?

Luckily, Owen saved the day. "Orrrr she can just stay with Charlie and me," he scratched the back of his neck, giving me a weak smile.

Why was he acting weird?

"Owen!" Kenny yelled. We all snapped our heads in his direction. He was waving for Owen to go over to him.

Owen ran over and I watched as Kenny showed him something on his phone. They looked like they were talking about something important.

"Yeah, Owen's totally onto something," Charlie said, snapping me back to reality. I tore my eyes away from Kenny and Owen.

I really wanted to know what they were talking about.

"You should totally stay with us!"

"Huh?" I asked. "Oh yeah, that would actually be really great. Are you sure you have room?"

Did I really want to stay with Charlie and Owen for two days? Wouldn't that complicate things even more?

"I'll happily take the couch. Orrrr we can share a room," he winked at me and I just rolled my eyes at him, shoving his shoulder.

"In your dreams, Gillespie. I'll take the couch."

"We'll just see about that," I heard him mumble under his breath. I was about to say something, but was distracted when Owen ran back over to us.

"Everything alright?" I asked him and he just nodded his head. Hmm, that's strange. Why wasn't he looking me in the eye?

"Jeremy!" Kenny called.

"That's my cue," he said, leaving to go stand with Kenny. I tried not to make it obvious, but I couldn't help glancing over at them every so often.

"What's going on, man?" Charlie asked Owen furrowing his eyebrows.

So I wasn't the only one who noticed that something was up.

Owen just kept his lips shut tight, shrugging his shoulders like he didn't know. Why was he being so secretive?

"Car! Come here for a second, would you?" Jeremy said. She smiled at us and skipped her way over to Jeremy and Kenny.

"Okay, this is weird," I finally admitted out loud.

Owen looked up at me, his eyes were pained. He looked guilty.

"Owen!" Kenny, Jeremy and Carolynn all said together. He gave me an apologetic look before turning away towards them.

I watched as they all pointed fingers at each other. Owen looked very defensive. I noticed the phone was being passed back and forth several times between them. Each time they glanced down at it, the look on their faces told me something wasn't right.

I knew something was up. And judging by the looks on Jeremy and Owen's faces, it wasn't good.

Carolynn and Jeremy made their way over to me and Charlie, but Owen stayed with Kenny.

I saw Kenny look over at us and I knew it was Charlie's turn to be called over.

"LAKE!" Kenny yelled for me. Did I hear that right?

"What the-" I heard Charlie start to mumble, but my feet were already stepping towards Kenny. As much as I was scared by the look on their faces, I was really curious.

"What's going on?" I asked nervously. Owen ran his fingers through his hair and Kenny just rubbed his temples, shaking his head. "You're scaring me," I said, grabbing Owens hand but he quickly pulled away.

"Um, there's something you need to see," Owen said, clearing his throat.

Why am I getting the feeling that this is all my fault?

ahh!! What do you guys think is going on??

also.. (if you like Harry Potter) what hogwarts house do you think the characters in the book would be sorted into? (I know Owen is a hufflepuff like me!!) I think Sawyer is the definition of a Ravenclaw but idk about the rest. Let me know what you think!

Anyways I hope you liked this chapter!!