chapter nineteen

Between the loud music, my head pounding, the fact that I wasn't even remotely sober, I had no idea how to save myself from this mess.

I tried everything I could to get away, but the guy's grip on my neck was so tight I could barely breathe.

Maybe if I just concentrated really hard, I could lift my leg up or something and hit him. So that's what I did. I stopped crying, but the tears were still running down my face, making it harder to see. I closed my eyes shut as I felt the guys lips run over the skin on my face and traveled down to my neck. Maybe if I couldn't get my leg up to kick the living crap out of this man, I'd be able to throw up in his face. C'mon sensitive stomach, don't fail me now!
I focused really hard on trying to lift my knee, but once I started squirming around the man let his grip loosen on my neck. I sighed heavily, relieved that a bit of air was able to make its way to my lungs.

He moved my hair out of the way and started traveling down my neck. Either he couldn't hear my screams over the music or he chose to ignore them, but I was trying my best to break free. When he noticed, he growled and lifted his head up to look me in the eyes.

Oh no, I thought. I don't think I will ever be able to forget those eyes. They were a deep brown, and in the dimmed light of the bathroom hall, they almost looked black.

"You're not leaving yet, princess," he growled. My knees felt weak and I whimpered as he grabbed my hands and pinned them to the wall behind me. I winced as his grip tightened and he moved in closer, shoving his body against mine. I almost gagged when I heard him moan.

"Please..." I cried.

"Shut up!" The man yelled and I felt a sharp pain to my lip and then I could taste blood. The tears streaming down my face began to sting my lips and then I felt another hit to my face. "Quiet or someone will hear," he said running his hands up and down my arms, squeezing them tight.

I don't know if it was the blow to the face or not, but I suddenly felt sober. This is it, Lake. I channeled everything I had into this one moment. I pushed really hard and yelled. "AHH!" and my leg went up, hitting him right in the crotch. He bent over me and groaned pinning me to the wall again with his body. He was heavy. I kneed him again. This time I channeled everything I had left into shoving his body off of mine.

I stumbled my way back out towards the dance floor. It all happened so fast. I don't remember the rest of the night completely. Every now and then I get flashes of memories. Memories that make me wince, wanting to forget the entire night in general.
For instance, I don't remember how I ended up collapsing on the dance floor, I just remember that I found Ava and then I fell and hit my head. I don't know what happened next, I only remember hearing gasps and screams. People were calling out my name and shaking me.

I remember waking up in someone's arms. I don't remember who was there, I could just hear voices yelling and screaming around me.

"No just let me-" I heard a male voice say, but they were cut off.

"I think you've done enough," another man sneered. I felt someone scoop me up. I felt helpless, like a child. I felt numb.

"Shit, Lake, I'm so sorry," I heard the first voice cry. Why were they crying? I started to whimper.

"Oh, no. Honey we're almost there don't worry," this voice was female.

"Would you just go, you're just making things worse," I heard the second voice yell. What was going on?

I also couldn't remember how I had gotten back to the hotel. I couldn't remember how I had gotten out of my dress, or how I'd ended up showered. I just remember people yelling around me as I crawled into the bed, letting my body sink into the mattress, trying to cover my body up.