chapter twenty

Charlies POV

I watched from across the room as Lake swayed her hips to the rhythm of the song.

Damn she looked incredible, I thought to myself.

I groaned, unable to tear my eyes away from her. It didn't help that she was wearing the shortest dress I'd probably ever seen.

I felt bad about calling her out on her choice of clothing, but I was right. It really wasn't her. The Lake I knew wouldn't even be out right now. She'd be tucked away in her bed watching a movie. If I had it my way, I'd be tucked away right next to her.

Fuck! I mentally screamed at myself. This was such a mess.

I watched as her long blonde hair bounced as she jumped up and down to the song. My eyes went dark the second I saw a guy come up behind her. I gulped the rest of my drink and ordered another, never tearing my eyes away from her.

Who the hell did this guy think he was?

I watched as he wrapped his hands around her body. I had to physically hold myself back from going up to them and ripping her away.

Oh what I would give to have her in my arms right now. Instead I was stuck with Sophia.

It's not like I didn't like her. She was gorgeous. She just wasn't Lake.

Lake looked up and our eyes met. I smirked at her and she just pressed her back against the guy even more. Was she playing a game with me right now? The image of her dancing with another guy would forever be seared into my memory. It enraged me.

Luckily, Sophia was right in front of me, keeping herself entertained. She was rubbing her backside up against me. If Lake wasn't trying to tease me right now, I would've shoved her off of me. I wouldn't even be here.

The past couple days without Lake have been horrible. I thought that keeping my space would make me see that I really didn't like her. It only made me realize how I want to be near her every second of the day.

I shook the thought out of my head. She didn't even want me. So why was I still hung up on her? It made me even more mad. The fact that I couldn't get her out of my head.

I watched as she looked up and me and mouthed something. I couldn't quite make it up, but the guy's hands just kept running up and down her body. I had to distract myself somehow. I couldn't look at it anymore.

I grabbed Sophia, twirled her around and crashed my lips to hers. Nothing. I felt absolutely nothing. It was a meaningless kiss. This enraged me even more. I pulled away and turned my head in the direction where Lake was, but she wasn't there anymore.

My eyes scanned the room. I finally caught a glimpse of a short blonde in a tiny dress, running towards the bathrooms. I saw the guy that was dancing with her follow her.

I felt sick.

This isn't the Lake I knew. The girl I knew wouldn't run off to do god only knows what with random guys. She had to be drunk. Maybe I should go get her. I shook my head. It was none of my business. She would hate me even more if I ruined it for her. She'd think I was doing it on purpose instead of for her own good. I decided not to. However, my eyes were glued to the doorway that led to the bathrooms.

I couldn't stop my mind from thinking about what they were probably doing. He was probably doing everything I wished I could.

I gulped the rest of my drink, needing a distraction. I finally peeled my eyes away from the doorway after she hadn't returned. I couldn't make myself go crazy thinking about it. I turned towards Sophia and started dancing with her.