chapter forty five

After we performed the routine one more time for Madison and Charlie, Owen and I stepped off the set to watch them.

"You've got the gist of it. Maybe you need a break. Go take a sip of water and we'll try one more time," Kenny said to them.

Charlie walked over to the refreshment table and grabbed his blue water flask.

"You okay?" I asked him nervously.

He lifted the water bottle to his lips, chugging the water. Once he was finished he slammed the bottle down on the table, wiped his face with the back of his hand and gave me a one second smile.

"Yea, why wouldn't I be?" Something about his tone made me feel like something was off.

"Are you sure? You know you can always-" I started saying but Kenny called for them.

"Sorry. We'll talk after okay?" he said running back to his spot on the set.

As I watched him perform the dance routine with Madison I couldn't help but wonder what we looked like when we were dancing.

Why did Kenny make Owen and I dance together?

I literally couldn't breathe when I was dancing with Charlie. I even felt a spark. That had to mean something right?

But it was so much easier dancing with Owen.

I shook my head, tried to shake these thoughts away. Thinking about it only confused me even more.

I made a mental note to discuss it with Ava and Sawyer later.

"Alright I think that's as good as we're going to get it. Good job guys!" Kenny said, clapping his hands. He turned to us and said, "I'll give these guys a few minutes to catch their breaths before we talk, alright?"

Owen and I nodded our heads and watched him walk away.

"How do you think he's going to fix it?" I asked Owen. He shrugged his shoulders.

"Don't worry, Kenny's always got a solution," he said, giving me a reassuring smile.

He was absolutely right.

After their break I followed Charlie, Owen and Madison to one of the dressing rooms.

Jeremy and Kenny were already waiting for us.

"Hey guys! Do you wanna see-"

"No, Jer, no one wants to see your Jonas Brothers impression again," Madison said, rolling her eyes.

"I want to see it," I said, smiling at Jeremy.

I used to be obsessed with the Jonas Brothers.

"Thank you, Lake," he said, smiling back. He turned to Madison and stuck his tongue out at her. He started clearing his throat, getting ready when Kenny cut him off.

"Sorry, Jeremy. It'll have to wait for a few minutes. I made sure you were all free for the next 15 minutes so we could do it. No time to waste."

"Do what?" Charlie asked.

"Well I'm sure by now you've all seen the rumors that Owen and Lake are dating. I want you all to get on those Instagram things that you do and set the record straight," Kenny said trying to remember its name.

"You mean an Instagram live?" Owen asked.

"That's the one!" Kenny snapped his fingers.

"Um what do you want us to say exactly?" I asked with a low voice. I wanted to make sure I did everything right.