chapter fifty six

I got out of my bunk and walked to where the couches were.

I stopped in my tracks when I saw a figure move.

"Owen! You freaking scared me," I hissed, holding my hand to my heart.

Owens head snapped in my direction and I knew I had done the same to him. His hand shook and his cup of tea spilled everywhere.

"Ouch! Oh! Shit!" He hissed, jumping up as the hot beverage burnt him.

"Oh my god are you okay?" I asked rubbing over to him.

"Yeah I'm fine it didn't even get me," he said smiling at me. I shoved his arm and he bent his head back as he laughed. "Payback for scaring me," he stuck his tongue out.

"Does this mean you forgive me for being a complete bitch yesterday?" I asked, looking down at the ground, completely ashamed of how I had acted the day before.

"Only if you forgive me for being so pushy," he said bumping his shoulder with mine. I grinned up at him.

I was so glad that we were able to still be close after everything.

"Have you thought any more about what I suggested?" he asked, looking down at me like he was scared I would freak out again.

"Actually, I have."

"And...?" he crossed his arms waiting for me to answer.

"Maybe you were right," I mumbled. Owen shook his head, standing up straight and pushing his chest out.

"I'm sorry. I didn't quite hear you... what did you say?" he joked, putting his hand behind ear.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Don't make me say it again," I groaned and he laughed. "So what are your plans for today?" I asked him trying to change the subject.

We were currently spending the next four days in New York City. The band was playing two shows and Kenny was sweet enough to give them a couple days off to tour around.

I was particularly excited. I had never been.

"I haven't figured it out yet. I just know I'm completely free until tomorrows show," he said walking over to place his now half empty cup on the table. "What about you?" he asked, looking over at me.

"I'm going to pick up my dress for Sawyers wedding," I said, trying to hide my smile.

I was excited to see it. Sawyer wouldn't show me what it looked like because she wanted it to be a surprise. She was the one who called and arranged everything. Madison helped me send her all of my measurements. My only job was to go make sure everything fit.

"No way!" he said and I just nodded my head.

"Do you wanna come with?" I asked him and he started nodding his head before stopping suddenly. I watched him bite his lip and look up like he was really thinking about something. "Whats wrong?" I asked wearily.

"er... actually... I just remembered I have so much to do today."

"Didn't you just say you were completely free today?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

That's irrelevant, Lake. You know who would totally be up for it thought?" he smirked. "Charlie," he said wiggling his eyebrows.

My eyebrows went wide. I know I said I wanted to talk to him, but the thought of confessing my feelings for him suddenly terrified me.

"No way. There is no way I'm dragging him dress shopping. That'll just make him hate me even more than he already does," I murmured.

"Good morning guys!" Carolynn said interrupting our conversation. "What are you two doing up so early?" she asked walking over to make herself a cup of coffee.