part eighty

Kai was fast asleep when he received an alert on his work phone, the annoying sound went off a couple of times before his hazy mind could figure out where it was coming from. He felt Taehyung nuzzle into his chest even further, making it impossible to want to leave the bed but his boyfriend was groaning and grumbling at him to shut it off because after their night together he was exhausted.

With a heavy sigh Kai released his hold on Taehyung's bare waist and shifted his vision over to see that it was nearly 2am. "What could they possibly want at this time, I'm supposed to be off today anyways." Kai mumbled. He reached over to the night stand and shut both eyes when the bright light blinded him. "Is everything okay?" Taehyung whispered still deep in his lover's chest.

Kai didn't respond, he waited for his eyes to adjust to the light and resumed glancing at the phone, nearly dropping it when he realized that he was being called in for an important mission. "They're planning a drug bust, but at this time?" Kai questioned until reading further and recognizing the code name for Kim Namjoon appearing on his screen.

Taehyung felt his face hit the mattress when Kai lifted himself up quickly and began searching for his clothing in the dark. "What's going on baby? You're leaving right now?" Taehyung asked with a pout as he sat over the bed. He was wrapping himself in the bed sheets because he felt cold now with Kai no longer giving him the warmth he enjoyed.

Kai left Taehyung's questions unanswered, with one hand he was dialing Yoongi's number while the other was trying to slide his pants on blindly. "Fuck Yoongi, pick up the fucking call." Kai barked angrily attempting another few times but he continued being met with a voicemail option, pissing him off and making him worry.

"Kai? Why are you freaking out, tell me baby?" Taehyung demanded to know. He crawled his way over to his boyfriend who was at the edge of his bed putting on his socks after he buttoned up his jeans. Taehyung threw his arms around Kai's neck, leaving kisses on his cheek and listening to him say, "They found Joon's location."

Kai released out a sigh, turned to meet Taehyung's face that no longer looked sleepy because the shock had his lovely eyes wide open and alert now. Kai placed his lips upon Taehyung's kissing him gently before whispering, "I have to leave to get to him, before the rest of the team does. It's my job to help him escape out of shit like this, it's what I'm hired to do baby."

Taehyung refused, he shook his head and parted from his lover's mouth. "No, don't go. Let his ass get caught and thrown in jail, stay here with me instead." He tried wishing that his boyfriend would stay out of danger. It was agony for Taehyung, not knowing if he'd see Kai again after he'd told him he was visiting Namjoon or doing a job for him, he had fallen deep for the double agent.

"Baby you don't understand. Seokjin is with him, he mostly has something to do with this. If the DEA get to him, if they find him alive I'll be sitting behind fucking bars, paying for all the shit I've done." Kai told his lover. Taehyung knew how risky this would be, to go against his the law, his own team to save a fucking drug lord that could turn on him in any second but going against Namjoon could mean death.

Taehyung had tears running down his eyes, Kai wiped them away before giving him another kiss. "No, please, what if they figure out you're double crossing them? What if there is a fucking shoot out? Please, Kai, I don't want you dying, just stay here! Let's leave the country together, let's hide out somewhere remote! I don't wanna lose you, I can't lose you, please listen to me!" Taehyung cried.

Kai parted from Taehyung, he grabbed his shirt from the floor and threw it onto his body, hiding his defined abdominal muscles that had countless red blotches decorated over from when Taehyung marked him up. There was an ache along his heart hearing Taehyung sniffle, witnessing his lover worrying about him, it was nice having someone like him but it was also making being a criminal even more difficult now.