A Friend To Count On

It's been two long days. You hadn't gotten out of your house at all. You blocked everything around you. You hadn't yet took your annual leave yet, so used that.
But skipped uni with a fake reason of sickness. In your apartment, all you did was eat and watch Netflix movies. Not evening to bother pay attention to them though, as you watch out the window in your thoughts.
You heart secretly wanted to believe Jungkook had wanted to say something. But he was a player. A selfish man, you didn't want him to get what he wanted. Your body.
You hated that all the thoughts were filled with him. The memories in Busan, in the parks, and the jokes between the two of you.
You hadn't forgotten Jimin. Guilt was what you felt. You had broken his heart. But you knew you couldn't control your feelings.
Jisoo had texted a while ago, about where you were and what you were doing.
You had given her texts that you were ill, and that winter had already given you a cold. She had believed it for the first few days.
You throw a popcorn into your mouth but it hadn't gone in, and you groan in frustration.
Nothing ever goes right. You flinch when the doorbell resounded in the room.
You drop the popcorn bowl and let out a curse word.

Y/N: For Fucksakes!

Y/N: I'm coming.
You let out. You quickly tidy up the coffee table and push away all the rubbish on the couch.
You open the door to see Jisoo. She looked worried and you smile at her, awkwardly.

Y/N: Yo.
You let out and she laughs.

Jisoo: How you've been?
She asks as she comes in.

Y/N: H-Huh? Yeah, good. Why are you here?
She looks at you, offended.

Y/N: I mean, it's nice and all, but don't you have work?

Jisoo: Not today, no.
She leans in and feels your head.

Jisoo: No temperature. Your nose looks fine.
Her eyes suspiciously eye you.

Jisoo: Are you really ill?
You sigh. You might as well tell her. She wanted the best for you. Always there, she had a right to know.

Y/N: No.

Jisoo: Tell me what's wrong, love.
She smiles softly, and gently asks you. You nod.

Y/N: I guess you have a right to know.

Jisoo: Of course, bro. I'm your best friend.
You breathe in. You gesture to your bedroom, and you both sit. Cross-legged in front of each other.

Y/N: Me and Jimin broke up.

Jisoo: I figured.

Y/N: Huh? How?

Jisoo: He didn't come uni for a week, and then came back and he looks bad. Pretty bad. Not even to our friend gatherings and he normally comes to those. But you never come.
She points at you.

Y/N: I have work.
You breathe out.

Jisoo: Yeah, yeah.

Y/N: Is he okay, now?

Jisoo: He looks alright, I guess.
She shrugs. You bite your lips.

Y/N: We broke up because I have feelings for someone else...

Jisoo: You do? Who?!

Jisoo: Wait, don't tell me.
She pretend to think.

Jisoo: Jeon Jungkook, your boss.
You widen your eyes.

Y/N: How'd ya know?

Jisoo: I know everything.
She grins. But truly, because she knows you. Your types and how you feel about things.

Y/N: Actually, I'm sorry, I haven't told you but Jungkook and me had...
You nervously play with your fingers. She widens her mouth.

Jisoo: What? Really?? My baby's grown up!
She squeals.