203

Present

18 years after the war
Genevieve's P.O.V

"Rise and shine!" a voice sang through the room before my curtains were pulled to the sides. I groaned as I pulled the duvet over my head to shut out the light. "Breakfast is ready downstairs so if you're not down in ten minutes, I will personally pour water over you."

Hands were placed on the outside of my duvet as my dad shook me to try and wake me up. I replied with another groan and stuck my hand out from under the duvet to wave him away.

"Ten minutes, Vivi. Ten minutes!"

"Fuck off!" I shouted, hearing him laugh as he left my room. I buried my head into the pillow again as I pulled the duvet down a little so my face could get some air. I had absolutely no intention of getting up.

"Roxi! I would appreciate it if you didn't throw your books at me!" my dad shouted in the hallway. "Pick it up! Mum's going to be pissed."

Then I heard the sound of nails tapping against the doorframe so close to where I was that it had to be against my doorframe. "Vivi. Up. Now!"

He no longer sounded like he was in the mood for a bunch of moody teenagers. His tone had changed and he sounded more serious. I turned my head to the other side so I could look at him. I narrowed my eyes at him and he mocked me by doing the same.

"I'm not kidding, Genevieve. Get up or I will pour water on you."

"Try me." I muttered, closing my eyes again. I slid an arm under my pillow and bended my knee to my hip.

"Get out of my room!" Roxanne roared through the flat before it sounded like another book was being thrown.

"Chill out!" Fred shouted. "Is it that time of the month?"

"Get the fuck out!"

"Roxanne!" Dad sighed. "Don't throw stuff at your brother. Fred, stop annoying your sister."

I dozed off to sleep again but just as I was about to fall asleep completely, my duvet was pulled off of me and something wet splashed onto me. I woke up with a grunt, then realized he really did pour water on me.

"Dad!" I screamed with frustration as I rolled out of bed, then glared at him. He couldn't help but laugh as he stood there with a now empty cup of water in his hand.

"I told you I'd do it." He said. "Now get dressed and some downstairs for breakfast."

He turned around to walk out and I raised my middle finger at him. "I know you're flipping me off."

"Wha—"

When he reached the doorway, he turned around to look at me. "I've got eyes in the back of my head, sweetheart."

When he walked out, I rushed over to the door and slammed it shut before locking it so I could get changed.

I made my way over to my body sized mirror and looked at myself. My pajamas was now soaked around my shoulders and my hair hadn't gotten away with being dry either.

"Fucking hell." I muttered and pouted at myself in the mirror. I lifted the part of my hair that was wet and then let it fall back down against my shoulder and chest.

Alright... clothes.

I pulled out the top drawer in my dresser and pushed around in the many trousers to find something I wanted to wear. Ugh, I also had to pack. I hadn't even gotten to that part yet.

"Ah-huh!" I smiled and pulled out a pair of black jeans, ripped by the knees. I made those myself.

"What's that?"