281

May 5th of 2017

"I cooked it myself." Luke told me with a faint smile as he walked into the cellar and approached me with a tray. "There's scrambled eggs with some bacon. You like that, right? You still like that?"

I didn't respond. I just stared at him as he approached. I was so scared and so confused. He sat down in front of me and placed the tray between us.

"Eat."

"I'm not hungry." I muttered. His eyes searched my face before he shortly glanced at the food.

"Yes you are." He said softly. "I am so sorry Vivi. You're perfect the way you are. You don't need to lose weight. Just eat, please."

"You're not Luke." I said, shaking my head. "Lucas Parkinson is a psychopath and tortured me for months. You're not him."

"Vivi—"

"Luke would never care about me." I continued. "He wouldn't call me perfect or tell me to eat. He would do the exact opposite."

Silence.

Then he started breathing heavily through his nostrils, staring at me with the same look he used to when he got angry. He clenched his fists and I automatically closed my eyes and covered my face with my arms to protect it in case he was going to use his fists on me.

Instead, I heard the sound of the tray and when I looked, he had pushed it aside violently so that the food was scattered across the floor.

"Why do you always have to do this?" He asked. That was the Luke I knew. The exact same tone in his voice. "Make me this upset? I don't want to be fucking angry but you are pissing me off!"

He leaned forwards and placed a hand on the wall next to my head while he lowered his head to my shoulder.

"I love you." He whispered but it didn't sound like he was talking to m. It seemed like something he said to convince himself. "I love you, I love you. I love you."

He kissed the bare skin next to the spaghetti strap of my top and I shivered at the contact.

"Please don't."

"I won't hurt you." He said and pulled back to look at my face. "I have— he's been teaching me how to control my anger. I just— I want you back Vivi and I want to show you that I can be what you need."

He leaned in to kiss my lips but I turned my head to avoid him.

"I'll never want you." I spat. "You beat me and you raped me and you have just fucking kidnapped me."

He placed a hand against my jaw and turned my head to look at him. I tried turning my head the other way but instead he cupped both sides of my face and forced it in place.

"You're right." He told me. "I did do those things. I took my anger out on you and I used your body to get myself pleasure. I'm sorry."

"Stop." I started to cry. "You're scaring me. Please stop."

He placed his forehead against my shoulder again and wrapped his arms around my waist as he laid between my legs.

"I'm sorry." He whispered against my skin. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

"If you really are sorry, then take me back to my family." I said. "The people who actually care about me."

"I can't." He whispered. "I'm sorry. I can't do that."

"No—" I cried, trying to push him away by his shoulder. "You need to take me home."

He pulled away and ran a hand through his hair, tucking on it.

"Luke, you have to take me home. My family will think you killed me. They can't think I'm dead."

"I'm not going to kill you." He whispered, cupping my cheek. He stroke my skin with his thumb and I moved my head away.

"Can you please stop touching me?" I asked in a whisper. I hated the feeling of his skin on mine. It brought bad those terrible memories so I needed him to keep his distance. "Why am I here?"

He sighed.

"I can't tell you that."

"Yes you fucking can!" I yelled and kicked my leg which by accident hit him between the legs. He growled loudly, the noise filling the room as he cupped his area and leaned forwards, banging his hand against the floor.

I didn't feel sorry. I hated him. I hated him for what he did to me and for taking me against my will.

"Fucking hell, Genevieve!" He groaned when he was able to stand up. He took one step towards me and I felt myself curling up at the fright of him hurting me.

He stood in front of me and I saw him clench his fists but instead of taking it out on me, he punched the stone wall.

He turned around and walked to the door but when he opened it, he turned back around and looked at me.

"I'll get you some food that hasn't touched the ground."