284

May 27th of 2017

He was supposed to be dead. If this was who I thought it was, then he was supposed to be dead. Mum killed him. She killed her father because he killed my uncle.

It was impossible for him to be here. How many fucking times did this man cheat death. How many times did he fake his own death.

Stay quiet unless he asks you a question.

"Is it Genevieve?" The man asked, pacing back and forth in front of me. "Or do you prefer Vivi?"

"Genevieve."

"Is that right?" He stopped walking and looked at me. "Friends and family calls you Vivi though, isn't that right?"

"Yes." I gulped. "But you're neither."

He raised his eyebrows in surprise and looked to Luke who glanced at me. Then the man looked at me again.

"But that's where you're wrong, sweetheart. You can call me grandpa."

"I will do no such thing."

Luke's hand squeezed my arm in a way to tell me to stop talking but I really didn't care. I didn't know how long I had spent being locked up in that cellar but I didn't feel that scared of this man now that I was facing them. I found myself wishing he would kill me. That way it would all be over.

"Oh. Where are my manners." The man laughed. "I haven't introduced myself properly."

He held out a hand.

"Jonathan Ibex."

I scoffed.

"Adrian Blossom you mean." I said. "You killed my grandmother. You killed my uncle. Probably also my other uncle."

"Are you thinking about Benjamin?" He asked. "Yep. I did kill that boy. It was a shame really but he tried to act like a hero when he recognized me from the night I killed his mother."

"He was fourteen!" I yelled. "You killed a fourteen year old boy!"

"I killed a boy who got in my way." The man told me in a strict tone. "And I would do it again."

"You're sick." I told him. "Something is seriously messed up in your head."

He took a step back, then let out a laugh of pure evil.

"The split image of your mother." He said. "Apart from your hair of course. You got that disgusting Weasley hair."

"Don't talk about my mother." I spat. "She fucking killed you! You should be dead!"

He looked at Luke before motioning something. Then Luke led me over to the sofa that stood in the room.

"Sit down." He whispered to me. I sat and he sat next to me while the man approached us.

I refused to call him my grandfather. I only had one grandpa and that was Arthur Weasley. Dad's father.

"Your mother said the same thing." He spoke and sat down on the coffee table, facing me. "Do you think I'm stupid, honey? Do you think you can kill me that easily? I planned it all. Fred Weasley never died. It may have seemed like that on the outside but I put him to sleep for eighteen years and I attached his soul to mine. When your mother killed me, she actually didn't. Fred was alive and when I got stabbed, I got some of that life energy from him and that healed me. I woke up when he did. It was all a part of my big plan."

He was sick. He was an actual psychopath. How could one person be so cruel? Make sure to ruin the lives of his own blood relatives.

"When Fred died, it broke your mother and the people around them." He continued. "And when he woke up, they were all thrilled. Though I can't have that, can I? They were happy because they didn't know that while they got their friend, their brother back, I was back too."

He reached forwards and took a lock of my now shoulder short hair, looking at it.

"Red hair." He scoffed, shaking his head. "A Weasley. Your mother made a grand mistake there."

"Don't you dare!" I snapped, slapping his hand away. "Don't talk about my parents! My dad is an amazing father and an amazing husband to my mum! He's there for his family and he doesn't fucking kill them!"

He laughed again.

"You're just as feisty as your mother." He said. "Now, listen to me, Genevieve. I'll have Luke escort you back to the cellar but I have a little surprise for you tomorrow. Try and get some sleep."