277

Trigger warning: description of rape

I woke up in the middle of the night from another nightmare that made me sweat and shake like crazy. I never really screamed from a nightmare. I had done that a few times but mostly when I had them, I felt like I was being suffocated. I couldn't scream, couldn't talk, couldn't even whimper. Then suddenly when I was fully awake, I'd sit up and gasp for air. It felt horrible and staying in bed was always uncomfortable after, plus I was scared to get back to sleep in fear of the nightmare continuing so every time, like right now, I'd get up and leave the room I was in.

This time I was in my uncle Percy's room and left to walk out into the hallway of the second floor. Mum and dad was probably sleeping right now in the next room in the bottom bunk while uncle Fred probably slept in the top one like usually.

We had all been here for a couple of days and I had barely even talked to my dad which was odd. I had always been more of a 'daddy's girl' than a mummy's girl so not talking and laughing with him like usual was really weird to me.

With a sigh, I wrapped my arms around myself and made my way down to the first floor and then down to the ground floor. I headed for the kitchen but I stopped when I noticed someone sitting in the living room.

Dad.

He was sitting on the sofa, leaned forwards with his elbows on his knees and his head in his hands. That was my fault. That he wasn't doing good. If I had just never gotten with Luke this wouldn't have happened and I wouldn't have hurt my family.

"Dad?"

His head immediately shot up to look for the voice and when his eyes landed on me, his face softened.

"What are you doing up, darling?" he asked and moved aside before patting the spot beside him. "You should be asleep right now."

"So should you." I said as I sat down next to him. "I had a nightmare. I don't want to go back to sleep in case..."

I shrugged and bit my lip.

"In case it continues?" he asked, earning a nod from me. "I know how you're feeling. As you know, mum used to have nightmares too, still get some at times but what you don't know is that I used to get them as well."

"You did?"

"I did." he confirmed. "I don't remember if I've told your mum about it... or anyone for that sake but when your mother was kidnapped from school by your grandfather and we had no idea if she was dead or alive, I had nightmares. I had nightmares about her dying, her getting tortured and some were even of her coming back to kill me for some reason. I even saw her when I was awake. I was so broken by the fact that she got kidnapped so I saw her figure every where I looked, I saw her shadow... her face and when she then did come back, I thought it was my imagination again, until I realised she was actually there."

I looked at dad as he spoke, realising what crazy events my family had been the victim of. And how crazy my grandfather was. He kidnapped his own daughter, my mother. Well, he kidnapped uncle Bash too, his son.

"Do you want to tell me about your nightmare?" dad asked. "Maybe it'll help you feel better."

All I could do was scream into his hand as he forcefully thrusted himself in and out of me. The pain was unbearable. It felt like he was cutting my insides while also lighting my body on fire. He was panting and moaning, obviously enjoying it but I wasn't. If it wasn't for his hand, I would scream so loud that the entire Wizarding would know of the pain I felt both physically and emotionally.

Then it stopped and the entire scenario changed. I was lying on the ground in a forest, naked with him standing over me, a foot on each side of my body and in one hand he held a knife with a long and shiny blade. He sent me an evil glare and then he lifted his hands that were wrapped around the shaft of the knife. Next thing I knew, he forced the blade down into my chest.

"No." I shook my head. "I mean... he–"

"You don't have to tell me, Vivi." he said. "Not if it makes you uncomfortable."

"He killed me." I told him. "In my nightmare. First he raped me... then suddenly I was on the ground of some forest and he stabbed me in the chest with a kitchen knife."

Dad looked at me as I let out a small laugh.

"Why do the brain have to keep things like that?" I asked. "I want to forget that it ever happened but my brain won't allow me and I've ruined everything this family knew as happiness."

Dad shook his head at me.

"That's not your responsibility to worry about." He told me. "We are still a happy family but right now we just need to focus on your safety. Stop saying you ruined stuff 'cause the only one who ruined anything is that Parkinson kid."

I nodded slightly as I played with my fingers. All I could do these days was hope that the day I would feel like my old self would arrive soon but then something new happened to break me. Deep down I knew that I could never really go back to being the happy Vivi from before Luke. He took my virginity. Actually took it. I didn't give it to him. He fucking stole it and he continued to steal pleasure from my body while also using me as a punching bag to get his emotions out.

"Dad?" I asked softly.

"Yes, sweetheart?"

"It's never—" I let out a breath. "It's never going to end, is it?"

He turned to look at me with a questioning look on his face. "Of course it is going to end, Vivi. I promise you it will. I know it seems like the world is against you, like god wants to see you suffer—"

"I don't believe in god anymore."

Dad inhaled sharply as he nodded. "Your mother said the exact same thing once. Things kept happening to her. Her entire life she loved thinking her deceased father was a hero. Her hero. Then her brother left her to come back later and suddenly they were both kidnapped by the man they thought were dead. It took years but eventually they got piece from it."

"But what did it take?" I sobbed as the tears rolled down my cheeks. "People had to die for mum and Uncle Bash to get piece. Uncle Fred had to die and mum had to kill her own father. I don't want to have to kill anyone. Not even Luke."

Dad reached for my hand and gave it a squeeze before he just held it.

"You won't have to take anyone's life." He assured me. "And this don't have to go the same way like it did back then. Mum's co-workers will catch him, his sentence will be longer and when it's all over, our family will take a nice and long vacation somewhere nice."

He opened his arms to me and I hugged him tightly, squeezing my eyes shut.

"It's going to be okay, darling." He whispered, wrapping his arms around me. "We're all here for you and I promise you that it will be over soon."