282

Well... looks like I'm updating a lot today. I mean... the last chapter was confusing for some of you or all of you and you deserve an explanation to what the hell is happening.

This chapter will give you that explanation.

-

May 27th of 2017

"Who is the guy you keep talking about?" I asked Luke as I sat in a chair he had brought. He was cutting my hair for me. I had been talking to myself because I was going absolutely insane down here and he heard me say something about wanting my long hair gone.

He hadn't hurt me and he made sure to apologize every single day for everything he had done. I still hated him. That wouldn't end but he was trying so much to get me to forgive him.

Some days he'd be in a good mood and just talk to me while other days he'd be angry and take it out on the wall. He scared me.

"You know I can't tell you that." He sighed. "He'll show himself when he's ready."

"Where am I?"

"Vivi." He said sternly. "Stop with the questions. You know I'm not allowed to answer them."

He gathered my hair and showed it to me. "Is this length okay?"

I nodded slowly and he hummed in response before brushing through my hair. He had told me his mum had taught him how to cut hair so he could do it on himself.

"He's dangerous, Vivi." He spoke. "The man. When you see him... when he wants to see you. Please don't talk back to him. He's going to hurt you if you do."

I heard the sound of the scissors and some of my hair dropped to the floor.

"He's a murderer. He's killed people. A lot of people." He said. "He killed my mum."

My eyes widened and I tried to turn away but he placed his hands on my shoulder to keep me in place so he could continue cutting my hair.

"Your mum?" I asked. "When? What? Luke I'm so sorry."

I really was. I knew he wasn't a good person but no one deserved to lose their mother.

"While I was in Azkaban." He told me and cleared his throat. "Yeah. He uh— he used the killing curse on her, then helped me escape. I can't do anything about it. Can't get away."

"Luke—"

"I want to explain everything to you, Vivi." He said. "Everything that happened. I want to do that but I'm ashamed and— it's not an excuse for what I did to you. The pain I caused you and your family."

I closed my eyes and chewed on my lip. I wanted an explanation but I was also scared of what it was and I couldn't help but still be scared of him and this situation. I still didn't know where I was, why he had taken it or who the man was.

"When I was younger—" Luke sighed. "... I was diagnosed with something called Intermittent Explosive Disorder, also known as IED. It's basically when you suddenly get these outbursts of anger. It can be because someone provokes you or it can happen without reason. All you see is red and it feels like you can't control the anger so you just freak out and hurt people and break things."

What?

"I was diagnosed when I was thirteen." He told me. "No one knows except my mum and I. Once I had a fit and I pushed my mum so hard that she fell and hit her head on the corner of the dining table. After a series of the anger outbursts, she took me to a therapist that made sure I could get a diagnosis on it. It's terrible. The outbursts are terrible, especially because when you act on the anger, you feel this kind of relief but when you realize what you've done, you feel embarrassed and sad. I don't like hurting people."

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

"You should be taking meds for that."

"I know." He breathed. "And I was taking meds for it when I got diagnosed but then this man found me while I was with you and he forced me to stop them. He wanted me to hurt you and I didn't want to stop taking them because I knew what would happen. Though he was threatening me. If I didn't get off my meds, if I didn't ruin you, he'd kill my mum and he did anyway but only after I had already ruined you."

"Ruined me." I scoffed. "You shattered me. Now I know it wasn't your fault because you have an illness but that doesn't change the fact that I flinch every time someone makes a sudden movement. That I can't even kiss the guy I like because it reminds me of when you forced yourself on me."

He stopped his movements and the scissor dropped to the ground. "The guy you like?"

Oh.

"No." I hurried to say. "I didn't mean—"

"Fuck!" He cursed and kicked the stuff on the floor. The scissors and the brush flees across the room and my body tensed at his outburst. "I fucking knew it! You always fucking loved him, didn't you?! Even when we were together?! Did you fuck him?! Did you fucking cheat on me?!"

He moved to in front of me and leaned over me, placing his hands on the back of the chair while he leveled his head with me.

I couldn't get any words out. I was terrified. Scared that he would hurt me. I didn't want him to hit me.

Please don't hurt me.

"Fucking answer me!" He spat. I closed my eyes and a whimper left my lips.

"N-no." I cried, shaking my head. "Luke, please calm down."

He pushed himself away from the chair, breathing heavily. He let out a loud growl before crouching down, wrapping his arms around his head which he hung low to try and relax.

A few moments passed, then he violently punched the ground while I just cried out of fright.

Then he started crying. He was now on his knees, leaned over as he cried.

He was in pain and I had no reason to feel bad for him, though I really did.

"I lost everything." He cried. "I lost you, I lost my mum. I have nothing left and now you love someone else because I can't control myself."