291

"You brought him back here?!" Mum hissed at Uncle Fred. "What the fuck were you thinking?! He's going to bring Adrian straight to us!"

My eyes were focused on my dad. He was standing there, arms folded over his chest as he looked out of the window.

He was alive. How was he alive? My eyes then moved to where my grandmother was fixing up Luke's leg. He had been apologizing again and again to every one of my family members that had talked to him or helped him.

He was a mess. Everything made him flinch. What the fuck did Adrian do to him?

Sammy was still unconscious. Grandma had also been taking care of him and his head. She said that if he didn't wake up soon, he'd have to go to the hospital.

Fred was bruised. From Adrian kicking him in the stomach. He had a big black and blue bruise across his torso.

I also couldn't help but keep looking towards Uncle Fred. I knew something that the rest of them didn't and I had no idea how to tell him or anyone else.

"Lizzie." He sighed. "Vivi says he has an explanation. That he didn't have a choice so let's just—"

"What is your explanation!" My mum stormed towards Luke as grandma stepped aside. "What is this explanation you have for ruining my daughter and working with my father."

Luke gulped, glancing towards me but he couldn't get any words out.

"Mum—"

"You are a disgusting human being!" Mum spat. "I don't care what your explanation is. That is my daughter and you fucked her over!"

"Liz." Dad wrapped an arm around her waist and gently pulled her back.

How was he alive?

"I suggest we make him drink truth serum." Dad told mum. "Then we can ask the questions."

"Maybe take it easy on him." Grandma said. "The boy is terrified."

"He should be terrified." Uncle Charlie said, glaring at Luke. "Bill, go get the Veritaserum. There's some in my bag over by the door."

"Why do you carry around Veritaserum?" Grandpa asked as he sat down next to me by the table.

"I don't know." Uncle Charlie shrugged. "In case it would come in handy."

Uncle Bill got the Veritaserum and grandpa poured it into a glass of water. Luke drank to while being stared down by both mum, dad and Uncle Charlie.

"We're going into the Scullery." Dad said, grabbing Luke's arm roughly to pull him up. I watched as he dragged him towards the Scullery and when I got up to follow them in there just like mum did, Uncle Charlie grabbed my arm.

"Let them about it."

"No." I frowned. "I want to know if his story matches the one he told me."

He sighed and nodded slowly before letting go of me. I followed my parents and Luke into the Scullery. Mum and dad looked at me as I sat in the chair in the corner while Luke had been forced to sit on a chair in the middle of the room.

"Genevieve–" dad sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Go spend some time with–"

"I'm staying right here." I cut him off. "Go on. Ask him your questions. I'm not leaving."

I folded my arms over my chest, showing that I was being serious. Dad turned to look at mum before they both looked at me again.

"You don't say a word." Mum told me. "You can sit there and you can listen but I don't want to hear you say a word to him or defend him at all."

I simply shrugged. She acted like I had forgiven Luke. I hadn't. I just knew he needed help if he had been speaking the truth about the illness.

"Why were you working with Adrian?" Mum started off asking him. Dad was protecting her, making sure she wasn't too close to Luke. I knew he was scared that he'd hurt anyone because of his history with hurting me.

"I-I wasn't working with him." Luke answered honestly. He kept glancing towards me while keeping his main focus on my parents. "I didn't want to but he— he threatened to kill my mother and me and he took my medicine from me."

"Your mum—" dad said. "Where is your mum? Working with him too?"

"No." He shook his head. "He killed her while I was in Azkaban."

My parents looked at each other and mum gulped before she stepped back, letting dad take over.

"Pansy's—" dad sighed and looked at Luke again before he grabbed a chair and turned it around, straddling it as he sat in front of Luke. "I'm sorry for your loss."

"T-Thank you."

"You talked about some medicine." Dad said. "Is that drugs or real medicine for something... a condition perhaps?"

"I have IED." Luke said and when dad raised his eyebrows to show he had no idea what that was, Luke gulped. "It stands for uh— Intermittent Explosive Disorder."

"And what exactly is that?" Dad asked.

"It's a mental illness where I— anything can anger me and nothing can anger me too. That's why it's called Explosive disorder. The anger explodes and I can't control myself when I get violent."

Mum closed her eyes as she ran a hand over her face and dad glanced back at me for a moment, causing me to look at the floor.

"Listen, Mr Weasley—" Luke said, dad looking at him again. "I never wanted to hurt your daughter. I-I didn't want to abuse her in any way at all and the only explanation I have is my IED and the fear of my mum getting killed but then she did get killed."

Dad sat up straight, rolling his shoulders before standing up.

"Vivi, go out to the others."

"Why?" I frowned.

"Go out to the others." He said through gritted teeth. "I will not repeat myself."