226

Genevieve's P.O.V

I had a nightmare tonight. Well, I had nightmares every night about what happened and what Luke did to me. In the past couple of weeks I had showered twice a day. In the morning and in the evening and each time, I was very determined to scrub off the memories. I felt like I was suffocating every time I thought about it, every time I saw him.

Why couldn't I just leave? I needed to leave. I knew it was because I was scared but I wish I wasn't. I wish I had the balls to tell someone, to stop denying it, to receive the help. I felt nauseous all the time and even a few times I had had some not so nice thoughts...

Maybe I should end it all.

Every time someone tried to hug me or wrap their arm around me, I flinched and I felt uncomfortable. Yesterday when Roxanne threw her arm around me, I had a full on panic attack in the hallways near the Great Hall. I know they're all aware that Luke has been hurting me but I don't think they know how bad it is and I know that's my fault. I should be able to talk to them. They're my family. Though, the thought of saying it out loud, terrified me, disgusted me and made me feel like I was going to throw up.

I was raped...

I'm scared of him. I'm scared of Luke. He raped me again today. He said he wanted to talk to me in the bathroom and I went with him simply because I knew he would become violent if I said no. He raped me against the wall and the whole time, my eyes were closed and I just waited and wished for him to have his orgasm as soon as possible.

Maybe it wasn't even rape. That thought kept crossing my mind. Maybe I was being oversensitive. Maybe what he was was okay. We were in a relationship after all, and like he said, everyone does it, it's not a big deal.

It hurt so much inside of me. I hadn't been turned on either of the times which meant the sex hurt more than it should and right now it was just as painful seeing as he had done it just about an hour ago.

I was sat alone in the courtyard, knees pulling up to my chest as I watched the busy environment before my eyes. Students that were too busy to get to class. I didn't quite care about the class I had to be at. My grades didn't mean anything to me anymore. It all felt hopeless. I just wanted to go home and sleep in my own bed, cuddled up under my covers with my mum making me tea and dad telling me a story of their adventures at Hogwarts.

"What are you doing out here?" I heard Simon and I immediately knew he was talking to me. "It's freezing. You're gonna catch a cold."

"I'm fine."

"You're shaking." he told me and suddenly I felt a coat being wrapped around me, causing me to flinch. "Shit, sorry. I didn't mean to startle you."

He sat down next to me and I glanced at his face before continuing to look at the people walking by. "What about you? You're gonna start freezing too without your coat."

"It takes a lot for me to freeze." he told me with a faint smile. "Have you been working on any songs lately?"

"I don't know." I shrugged. "I was in the middle of a song but I can't concentrate on it anymore."

He hummed.

"I can help you if you want." he suggested. "We can find a time to look over it in the library. To find an ending to it."

"I don't know." I muttered. "I may just throw it out."

"Throw it out?" he frowned. "Now why would you do that? You have a talent, Evie."

Evie...

He hadn't called me Evie in such a long time. I would lie if I said I hadn't missed it. "I– I'll don't think so."

I handed him back his coat before I stood up. Simon looked up at me, almost as if he was hurt but he couldn't possibly be. We hadn't been friends since February or March. I don't remember the exact day. "I gotta go."

I turned around and froze. Luke was standing in the doorway that led back inside. Eyes were staring right at me and he wasn't blinking. His jaw was tense and his fists were clenched by his sides. He nodded me over but instead, I backed up before quickly turning around and entering the castle through another door in the courtyard. I couldn't handle it right now. I was so mentally drained and right now I just needed some peace and quiet. I needed to not feel scared, though that was all I had felt for the past couple of weeks since he took my virginity.

"Vivi, Vivi, Vivi." I heard his voice tut as he slid around a corner, now standing right in front of me. "What did I tell you about walking away from me? Why don't you listen to me, baby? Why do you want me to be angry?"

I turned my head to look out at Simon who was still sitting in the grass. His hair was so fuzzy and curly. I remember I used to play with it because it was so soft.

Simon wouldn't treat me like this...

"Look at me, don't look at him." Luke grabbed my jaw hardly and forced me to look at him. "Your eye has barely healed. Do you really want another bruise before this one's healed completely."

"No." I said in a whisper.

"Speak up."

I gulped.

"Genevieve– speak. up."

"No." I said a little louder. "No... I don't want another one."

"That's what I thought." he let go of my jaw and instead ran his hand into my hair, tucking at it roughly to pull my head back. I groaned in pain and closed my eyes. His hand found my throat and he ran a finger down the front of it. He let go of my hair and I looked at him as he wrapped his hand around my throat, nails digging into the sides until it hurt.

"Please, Luke." I was close to crying. "Stop. You're hurting me."

"Am I?" he cocked an eyebrow. "Then imagine how much you hurt me every time you talk to him. I know you had feelings for him once but you're with me now. Stop looking at him and stop talking to him. Don't you love me?"

No. Not anymore.

"Of course."

He let go of my throat but the pain of it stayed. He brushed some hair behind my ear, then leaned in and kissed me.

"You're the one with all the power here, Vivi." he told me. "Just do what you're supposed to do and I won't be this angry. You don't want to get hurt, right?"

"Right."