243

Warning: chapter contains the song 'Everything has changed' by Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran, though in this story, Simon wrote it about Vivi and a specific part of the song has been changed just to make it fit better.

-

"Do you remember when we used to sing together? Just the two of us alone in the room of requirement."

"I remember." I muttered, moving my pen across the page in my songbook, writing some lyrics I just thought of. I glanced up. Simon was sat against the wall, staring at me with a faint smile across his lips. He was biting down on his own pen and he was holding his book with another hand, one finger between the pages so he didn't lose the page he was writing on. "Why are you asking?"

"When was the last time you sang?"

"I don't know." I bit down on my lip. "I think that time we sang that muggle sung together. By that artist... what was her name? Taylor something?"

"Swift." He nodded before his eyebrows came together in a frown. "It's been that long? That was in February. You haven't sung in ten months?"

"Guess I haven't had the time." I shrugged as I looked down at my lyrics again.

"We gotta change that."

I looked up as he spoke and saw him place his book and pen on the floor before he pulled himself to his feet and reached for his guitar that stood in the corner next to a wardrobe.

"I'm not singing." I laughed as I shook my head. "No way."

"Why not?" He looked at me. "We've been singing together since you could talk. Why don't you wanna sing all of sudden?"

"I uh—" I looked down as I lowered my voice into a mumble. "I don't like how I sound."

"Huh? Didn't quite catch that."

"I don't like how I sound!" I said a little louder and then looked at him again.

"What?!" He exclaimed in a high-pitched sound. "Evie, what?!"

"I just... I don't know."

"Evie you son of a bitch. Excuse my language." He said dramatically and I tried holding back my laugh but it was impossible. "You sound like an angel. A bloody angel, you hear me? Now get your butt off the floor and come sing with me."

"Fine." I groaned after a moment of looking at him. I pulled myself up and placed my songbook on the desk along with my pen.

"Oh wow, you actually did what I told you to." He sounded shocked. "Well, now I don't know what to do. I thought you'd completely reject my suggestion."

"Suggestion?" I scoffed. "You ordered me."

"And it worked." He smiled playfully as he started softly playing a random melody on his guitar while his eyes stayed on me. "What song do you want to sing? Something easy maybe, seeing as you haven't been singing for almost a year."

"I don't know." I breathed. "Surprise me."

"Ahhh." One corner of his lips turned upwards into a faint smirk as he thought about it for a moment, then started playing a familiar melody that made me smile.

"You didn't—"

"Oh but I did." He nodded, a soft chuckle coming from his lips while he continued to play the melody. "You good to go?"

"Yeah." I breathed. He stopped playing by gently slamming his hand flat against the strings and as he looked at me, he started playing from the start again.

I closed my eyes and felt the music, preparing myself to sing. After all, I hadn't sung one single line since February.

"All I knew this morning when I woke, is I know something now, know something now I didn't before. And all I've seen since eighteen hours ago is brown eyes and freckles and your smile in the back of my mind, making me feel like..."

I opened my eyes to see Simon already looking at me with a smile and then he joined me, his voice melting with mine.

"I just wanna know you better, know you better, know you better now. I just wanna know you better, know you better, know you better now. I just wanna know you better, know you better, know you better now. I just wanna know you, know you, know you."

I couldn't explain the happiness I felt inside at that very moment. Singing with him again. I had forgot how happy music made me. How important it was for me and that when I did sing, it felt like all troubles in the world disappeared and when I sang with him it felt like we were alone, even if we weren't.

"Cause all I know is we said, 'hello' and your eyes look like coming home. All I know is a simple name. Everything has changed. All I know is you held the door. You'll be mine and I'll be yours. All I know since yesterday is everything has changed."

Simon inched closer to me as I sang so I ended up standing with my back against the desk with him right in front of me and I smiled as he started singing alone.

"And all my walls stood tall, painted blue. And I'll take 'em down, take 'em down and open up the door for you."

Then I continued alone.

"And all I feel in my stomach is butterflies. The beautiful kind, making up for lost time. Taking flight, making me feel right."

A knock on the door made both of us snap back to reality, realizing that Simon's dad stood in the door. He quickly stepped back and put down the guitar, looking towards Lee.

"Molly asked me to tell you to come down." He said awkward, continuously glancing between the two of us. "We're gonna start opening presents."

"Oh, okay. Sure." Simon nodded. "We'll en down in a moment."

Lee nodded, then glanced at me again as he let go of the handle to the door. "I uh— I'll leave this open for... safety reasons."

He walked away and Simon and I looked at each other again before we both laughed.

"I'm surprised you remember the lyrics." He said. "I only sang it to you once right before we stopped talking."

"It's a good song." I said. "And I tend to memorize songs I like."

He hummed, smiling shyly at my compliment.

"You never told me who it was about."

"Huh?"

"The song." I said. "You never told me who you wrote it about."

His right hand went up to scratch the back of his neck as he looked at me. "Isn't it quite obvious?"

"I— don't know?"

"I wrote it when I noticed you started changing." He told me. "I wrote it about you."

-
#GimonJeasley
#SenevieveWordan
#Sivi
#Vimon

I don't even know. You decide what ship name is the best for these two lovebirds.