275

Things are only going to go downhill from here...

-

"Genevieve Weasley?"

Simon and I both looked up from the books to see Maxwell Arrington approach the table where I was helping Simon studying so he could graduate. Maxwell is a beater for the Hufflepuff Quidditch team but he's also the head boy.

"Yeah?" I asked with confusion written all over my face. "That's me..."

"Professor McGonagall wants to see you in her office." he said. "It's urgent."

I looked at Simon who looked at me at the same time. He raised an eyebrow and I shook my head to show him I didn't know what he was talking about.

"I'll be back." I told him. "It's probably nothing serious."

"Okay." he nodded slowly. "You can tell me all about it when you get back. If you want to of course."

I chuckled softly at how sweet he was, then followed Maxwell out of the library. "Did McGonagall say what it was about?"

"No."

Alright then.

"Do you reckon it's a serious matter."

"It's urgent." he shrugged. "Usually means that either you've fucked up or a family member has died."

My eyes widened at his words and he glanced at me. "But I'm sure that's not the case here."

He guided me to the entrance to the headmistress office but as soon as I walked up the stairs, he turned around and walked away. The first thing I noticed when I stood in the office was the amount of people.

Professor McGonagall stood with her hands folded in front of her by her desk. To the right of the room stood mum and dad with my packed bags, making me realise what was happening.

"I'm not getting pulled out of school." I said and looked up to meet my dads eyes before looking at my mum. "You promised."

"Something has happened, Vivi." dad said. "We're gonna be hiding at grandmas."

"What?" I frowned. "What's happened? I promised Simon I would be back to help him practice."

"Miss Weasley." McGonagall said, catching my attention. "My job as headmistress is to make sure that my students are safe and this morning I was notified that Lucas Parkinson somehow managed to escape from Azkaban with help from an unknown source. Now, go with your parents and I'm sure they will explain everything."

I didn't know what to say. It was like the words she said didn't process properly. I couldn't get them through my head. They were stuck and I had no idea what to even think about it. I couldn't possibly believe that he had escaped.

"Vivi." Mum said and extended her hand to me. She looked worried but dad just looked distant. I placed my hand in mum's and dad grabbed my luggage the hand that wasn't holding mums, then we disapparated and landed in front of the Burrow.

Dad walked towards the door in silence, carrying my stuff while mum stayed with me as I wasn't moving. She wrapped her arms around me and I let her hug me, burying my face in her shoulder.

"What about Sammy?" I whispered. "And Freddie and Roxi... Bryson?"

"Uncle Bash and Uncle Percy have specifically promised to look out for them." Mum assured me. "But I promise you, Vivi, my co-workers will do their job and catch him and his sentence will be longer for breaking out."

That's when I broke into tears, causing mum to hug me even tighter while rubbing up and down my back.

"I know sweetheart." She sighed. "You've been through so much and you shouldn't have to."

"It's not fair."

"I know it's not." She responded. "It's not fair at all. You shouldn't have to keep living like this but sometime it will end. I once thought too that I would have to live in danger all the time but it ended and I got six amazing children with the man of my dreams. You'll get to experience that too one day."

I opened my eyes as mum placed her hands on my shoulders to gently push me back to look at me.

"Let's think of this as a vacation, yeah? I think that would make it a lot easier. I think grandma has baked some cookies for you. Her famous chocolate chip cookies." She said and rubbed my arms. "Do you remember when you. Sammy and Simon were kids and you'd stuff your mouths with them?"

Simon...

"Mum." I sobbed, wiping my cheeks. "I promised Simon I'd be back. We were studying in the library. He's failing and I was helping him so he can study and go to Paris for that music school after the summer."

"Oh..." she seemed to think about it. "Write a letter. We can get grandpa to go to Diagon Alley to send it. I'm sure he wouldn't mind."