9 | one suicide

After I walked out of that door, Dean looked at me with pity in his eyes and I hated it.

"I'm sorry, I need to get some air" I said as I turned to look for my coat.

"Of course. Take all the time you need, we'll report to the ministry when you get back here"

"Alright, thanks Dean"

"No problem Gin"

Nodding my head at him, I put on my coat and then make my way out of the hospital.

It's raining outside and really not helping my already bleak mood. Put my hands on my coat pockets, I walked with no clear destination.

After thirty minutes wandering around mindlessly, I've decided that I need a hot cup of tea so I went to the only place that I could think of.

Staring from outside the shop window, I could see him sitting there with a cup of tea and scones on his table along with a thing that he called 'lap-top' or something like that.

Puffing out a breath, I pushed the door opened and instantly greeted with a sweet scene of pastries.

"Welcome to café society, what can I get for you?"

"Just a cup of chamomile tea, please"

"Coming right up love"

"Here, I'll get that" suddenly Kit is standing behind me and extending the money to the cashier before he accepted the tray that contains my tea.

He motioned for me to follow him and I nodded my head. After we're seated, neither said a word for a while.

"I'm sorry..."

"I meant to..."

Both of us said at the same time and then stay silent momentarily.

"You first" he said and I shake my head.

"You first"

"Okay then, I meant to checked up on you but I've been busy since yesterday, work's been hectic and by the time I'm finished, it's already midnight so I didn't come by"

"It's okay, my work is not exactly a walk in the park either. I slept for about three hours yesterday, then went straight to the hospital to checked up on Hermione, she was attacked when we were at your parents party and had to be admitted to the hospital"

"Oh, that sounds terrible. Is she okay now?"

"Better. She's better now" my mind travelled to the sight of Eileen's head on Draco's lap earlier and I shake that image off of my head.

"That's good to hear. But what about you?"

"What do you mean?"

"Are you okay? You look really pale and your hands been shaking for the last five minutes"

At the mention of this, I looked at them and realized that he's right. He grabbed my hands and hold them tightly.

"I just... there's a lot of thing in my mind right now"

"Yeah I figured it since you left me at my parents house" he said bitterly and I groaned.

"Kit, don't start"

He sighed and close his eyes for a few seconds before opening it again.

"Alright, I won't talk bring that up anymore. Just think of it as another shitty day in our lives"

"Thank you" I caress his fingers and he bring my hand to his lips, putting a gentle kiss on my fingers.

"Anything for you, love"