10 | stuck with me

Draco

I looked at Eileen who's currently eating her lunch. She's picking on her salad and twirled the carrots in her fork.

This has been going on for the last twenty minutes and it's starting to get on my nerves.

For the past week, she's been acting very distant and weird. Her body's in here but her mind is elsewhere.

From that explosion incident that caused Blaise and that guy Dean Thomas to popped by and checked on my condition, she's getting more and more distant every day.

I didn't see Ginny Weasley this week, Blaise explained that she's in an undercover mission and he filled in her position.

To be honest I'm kind of disappointed that I didn't see that fiery red locks of hers but I keep it hidden. It won't do anyone any good for pining over the past.

But what if the past keeps following you?

For the last couple days, I've been dreaming about my time in Hogwarts.

Glimpses of it, but enough to drive me mad. I wanted to know the whole truth, I wanted to remember everything, I wanted to know what went wrong with Ginny and I, I wanted to know what happened to my parents from my own memory. Not from what the report said or what other people say. I want to remember about my parents. I want to remember what my life before.

All this pent up frustration combine with dealing with Eileen's peculiar behavior drives me on edge all the time.

It's not helping that she barely looking at me this past week, she barely touch me, we barely even talk.

"If you don't want to eat then just stop it. It's really annoying" I said before taking a mouthful of my lunch (cottage pie) and received no response from her.

Don't be angry. Calm down.

She keeps on twirling the damn thing and I close my eyes, trying to maintain my sanity and not lashing out at her.

"Eileen, I'm talking to you" she looked up from the plate and her lovely green eyes reflects the sadness that she's feeling inside.

I heaved a sigh and grabbed her hand before holding it tightly.

"I know that you're..."

"Can we not talk about it? Please?" She averted her eye gaze and that is the last straw for me.

"No, we have to talk about it. It's been a week and I know it's hard for us..."

"Hard for us?! Don't you remember what happened? My grandmother died! The one that's been taking care of me since I was a child where my parents abandoned me! She was murdered in front of my fucking eyes by that psycho half-sister of yours! Do you have any idea how it felt like?! Yeah, It's hard for you, but it's traumatizing for me. I don't even know what I'm going to do with my life anymore, I'm lost. I'm confused, I'm... I'm broken... the only thing I know for sure is that I wanted a revenge" she threw away our plates to the floor and pushed the table towards me before standing up and starts screaming.

"You think I don't know what that felt like? Let me remind you real quick, I've been told that my parents were murdered by that psycho too, in front of my fucking eyes as well, then she jumped off of the fucking window and brought me down with her. I was so fucking traumatized that I can't even remembered a damn thing about what happened that day or anything before that! I suffered a memory loss, Eileen! People have to tell me what really happened that day because I don't remember a damn thing! I was diagnosed with the rare type of amnesia, the damn thing is called a dissociative amnesia, and why?! because I was a victim of a violent crime! Or don't you remember that, when you were assigned as my caretaker?" My chest heaved as I struggled to control my breathing from the anger and frustration inside me that has just erupted.