Chapter 16: Captain Y/n

"You can do it, Y/n!"

"Let's go!"

"GO Y/N!"

"You can do it!"

"Go Y/n! That's my sister!"

"B-but I'm not a good captain"

---------------------------------------------------

'Stay calm Y/n! Stay calm' I was walking on the court ready to lead a team. I mean I have been a captain before but, I never lead a boy team before. "Hey Y/n, their number 1 sends ball outside the court! So keep that in mind" Noya said. "I know Noya, I been observing," I said trying my best not to panic. 

The rest of the team keeps cheering me on, I then remember how my old team cheers me on. "Ok guys, get focus!" I said clapping my hand together. I did my jump serve and got 1 point, I did it again but it got received. They got point, I got ready to receive. I receive it perfectly but they still got a point, this time he aimed it at me. My quick reflexes react and I received it perfectly.

~Flashback~

"Y/n... I want you to be the team captain" the captain of her old team said

"Me? But I'm not fit for leading, I'm just a second-year who just act like a child" I said

"You're so much more than that, you have big potential! Don't fail me now."

Those words were on my mind the whole time, I never thought of myself as a captain. I look over at the girls to see them having fun and playing as a team. "Hey, guys let me join!" I said running up to them.

~End of Flashback~

That's where I got my motto, 'Volleyball isn't just to win, it's to have a team and have fun' I look around to see everyone counting on me. I look at Kiyoko giving her the signal, she nods and looks back where the rest of the team is. "Yamaguchi, You can do it! I said with a smile, "Huh?!" everyone looks at me in disbelief.

Yamaguchi got us a point but almost mess it up, he serves again but this time he didn't do his float serve. I got in position to receive the ball just in case, the ball was coming towards Yamaguchi but I could see he couldn't move so I went in a save it. We won the first set meaning I did a good job being the captain.

The second set started and we keep scoring but not enough, we lose the 2nd set meaning we have to move on to a 3rd set. I couldn't help but sulk, of course, I tried my best not to show it. The 3rd set started and I really had pressure to win the game without making any mistakes. But Hinata isn't helping on that, he sends the ball flying across the court. But at least he did make it up by saving the ball again, even though he did crash into Kageyama and started fighting with him. "Could we please stop fighting?" I said sending shivers down their spine.

It was going smoothly on the 3rd set, I kept my guard up every time and making perfect serves. We weren't behind anymore 18-18, we took our water break and went back to playing. Coach Ukai said that I should now hit spikes, I nod and kept playing. I keep spiking and getting points with that we got match point. It was the end of the game and Hinata spike that point meaning we won.

I was thinking when we saw Daichi, I look away and kept walking. Suddenly Daichi stops me, "You did good Y/n, I didn't wanna bother the team since you guys look like you were doing good. You will make a great captain in the future Y/n-Chan," he said before walking away. 

I catch up with the others when Yamaguchi had to use the bathroom, "He takes using the bathroom very seriously" Hinata said. "Must have to take a shit" Kageyama said, "Cmon man you don't have to say it like that" Hinata said. I don't think he had to use the bathroom, I just kept walking though.

We were watching the Aoba johsai game while eating a snack, Aoba Jonsai won the first set meaning Date Tech has to win the second one. But it seems to me that Date Tech really needs to work with their setter, I sweatdrop at his set he just toss. I observe Date Tech's setter and I gotta say his technique is awful.

His height is the main contributor to his skill in volleyball. It enables him to easily block the opponent's spikes along with the rest of Date Tech's Iron Wall, especially in closing the gap left by the initial two-man wall. As a setter, he is inexperienced and sends tosses that are mostly too high for any of his spikers to hit, resulting in unconverted points. It has been mentioned that the peak of his jump is so high that it feels like he's just putting the ball there for the spiker to hit. 

While Oikawa is different from that, He is most feared for his powerful and accurate jump serve, which he has honed and perfected from a young age. He can maintain a calm and cool composure during any match, no matter how tense it is. Despite not being considered a "genius", Oikawa is a stunning player and one of the best all-around players in the prefecture.

Oikawa's talent lies in his natural athletic ability, his skill to make full use of his teammates, finding weaknesses in the opposing teams, sharp aims, and powerful serves. Within a short span of time on the court, Oikawa's talent lies in his ability to draw the full potential out of any team.

It clearly looks who is going to win, I mean just taking one glance at each team it obvious who is going to win. With one spike from Hajime, the game is over and Aoba Johsai takes the win. The next Opponent is Aoba Johsai and this time I won't let my tea lose, I could feel everyone is nervous. The only thing I feel is rage and revenge, I cant wait to see the look on Toru's face when I beat him.

 We walk into the court ready to face them and this time will be different...

To be continued 

------------------------------------

Word Count: 1048