Chapter 28: Math

"Chill, you guys are going to die!"

"I ca- Hahaha"

"Pfffft- he said I forgot to Hit!"

*Coughs* *Coughs*

"Y/n-Chan! Goddess! Don't die!"

-----------------------------------------------------------

After I and Akio stop dying the game started once again, I received one of Suna's serves. It came out a bit sloppy but it didn't matter. I notice that he serves right when the whistle blows, Kageyama tried a setter dump but he rebounds the ball so he could have another chance. Noya receives it and Kageyama sets to Hinata which surprised everyone, I look at Inarizaki to see Atsumu making a 'That's so cool face'

 It's Kageyama turn to serve, he was contrasting so much that he didn't care if people boo him. I then chuckle at the remember at Tsukishima smirking the whole time while Inarizaki boos at him. I then hear drums playing on the other side, I look up to see Inarizaki's band playing their drums. I just sweatdrop at them trying so hard to distract us.

Kageyama does his serve but ended up being bad, they earn a point since they received the ball before it could hit the grown. We kept missing our serves because of Inarizaki's band, I was already getting piss off by the noise. I look at the scoreboard to see 7-4 with Karasuno losing, I look at Takeda, and he nods.

He asks for a timeout, I heard again a drum but this time it's not coming from the other side. It's coming from our, I look up to see Saeko. I just smile and kept drinking water, the whistle indicating the match starts again. I block the music meaning I ignore everything and pay attention to the ball, Hinata got ready to receive it but it hit his foot instead of his arms.

The ball went to Kageyama which he ended up, setting to me but Hinata thought it was for him, I hit the ball so hard that it deflated in mid-air. "Oh no! I'm sorry for breaking another ball!" I bow to the referee and he just nods and gives us a point. After some minutes later it was Atsumu's serve again, I just got ready for his Jump floater.

Atsumu is the current best high school setter in Japan. His tosses are said to be very easy to hit, never wavering and never off, thus creating the illusion that the spikers have improved. Atsumu is always ready to go the extra mile to give his spikers the best toss possible even in difficult positions whereby an underarm toss is a norm. However, his toss is not as accurate as Kageyama's version due to executing the attack without prior practice. In addition to being a skilled setter, he also won the Best Server award at both the middle school meet and the Interhigh.

Noya tried to receive the jump floater but fail, "Oi! Don't worry we dealt with intense serves in the past too. Now's not the time to panic." I said, "Right!" We got ready again to receive another jump floater, we save the ball but Inarizaki still got a point. Atsumu and Osamu did a quick attack which made Kageyama and Hinata shook, "THAT WAS AWESOME!" Akio said out of nowhere.

"Baka, Hush!" I said slapping the back of his head

"Ow! I'll ki-" Akio stop what he was saying because the referee was sending him a glare

Inarizaki keeps getting points left and right while Akio glare at the Miya twins while I just imagine about lunch after the game. "I lowkey want cereal right now" I frown because I couldn't get cereal, "You fatty, we are in a middle of a game, and your thinking about food," Akio said. I just glare at him and got into position.

"Udais better put on a better game or I will take both of you out," Coach Ukai said, Once I heard that my bangs cover my eyes, and a dark aura came from behind me. I turn to him giving him a glare that said "DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE YOU DAM HOE" he went pale and look the other way while Inarizaki just sweats drops.

It was my turn to serve and I still had a dark aura, "Y/n! Better not break the ball again!" Akio yelled while I just glare at him. I bounce the ball 4 times took a deep breath and throw the ball in the air, I took 4 steps and jump high using my left hand to do a spike serve. The ball landed on the other side, "Good job for not making any dents, marks on the floor and for not deflating the ball" Akio said

They pass the ball to me and I got ready to do my left jump floater, I did my little routine and jump in the air to serve the ball. After 10 points they finally were able to receive my serves, 17-15 adding to 1 more point Tanaka just got 1 point away from them. We took our water break and the game started again, I serve again but made it go out of balance.

"How could a short girl like her serve a ball so good" I heard people behind me talking about my height, damn all these tall guys who I'm playing with making me look weak and pathetic. After 3 more points for Inarizaki, Takeda asks for a time out. I was too busy thinking about how to kill people without getting caught to listen.

"Y/n! Just listen for once and stop using your brain. No wonder you're always such a teacher's pet" Akio points at me

"Stop pointing at people it's rude and second of all I'm not a teacher's pet, your dumb to even be on my level. Salt ocean!" I said crossing my arms

"Me dumb? Boo you're so bad at History class that you almost fail it" Akio sticks out his tongue

"YOU'RE SO BAD AT MATH THAT YOU FAIL IT!"

"NO!"

"IF YOU DIDNT FAIL IT THE ANSWER THIS QUESTION! A man has $ 10,000 to invest. He invests $ 4000 at 5 % and $ 3500 at 4 %. In order to have a yearly income of $ 500, he must invest the remainder at...?"

"It's... I BET YOU DONT KNOW IT!"

"Income from $ 4000 at 5 % in one year = $ 4000 of 5 %. = $ 4000 × 5/100. = $ 4000 × 0.05. = $ 200. Income from $ 3500 at 4 % in one year = $ 3500 of 4 %. = $ 3500 × 4/100. = $ 3500 × 0.04. = $ 140. Total income from 4000 at 5 % and 3500 at 4 % = $ 200 + $ 140 = $ 340. Remaining income amount in order to have a yearly income of $ 500 = $ 500 - $ 340. = $ 160. Total invested amount = $ 4000 + $ 3500 = $7500. Remaining invest amount = $ 10000 - $ 7500 = $ 2500. We know that, Interest = Principal × Rate × Time Interest = $ 160, Principal = $ 2500, Rate = r [we need to find the value of r], Time = 1 year. 160 = 2500 × r × 1. 160 = 2500r 160/2500 = 2500r/2500 [divide both sides by 2500] 0.064 = r r = 0.064 Change it to a percent by moving the decimal to the right two places r = 6.4 % Therefore, he invested the remaining amount $ 2500 at 6.4 % in order to get $ 500 income every year."

"What the hell was that?!" I heard Atsumu voice shriek

"You heard that?" I said loud enough to them to hear

"Yes!"

"Y/n... You broke your own team" Coach said which made me look at the team who were just standing there trying to do the math. "What was the answer? You told me too much crap that I didn't understand" Akio just scratch his head, "He invested the remaining amount $ 2500 at 6.4 % in order to get $ 500 income every year." I said and then the whistle blew meaning the timeout was over.

"Y/n-Chan!" Kageyama calls my name so I could spike the ball, I spike the ball with my left hand which confuses the blockers. "Y/n-Chan why do you use your left hand instead of your right?" Hinata asks

"Well my little Tangerine, knowing the situations where another team might know what's up, I use my left hand to avoid stronger players who can get my serves or in this case spikes like Noya or any other Libro. I could use this to my advantage because they wouldn't know what arm I would be using, it's all in the brain Hinata" I said patting his head

"There she goes again, acting all smart and stuff" Akio retort

"Man all this brainpower is making me hungry" I rub my stomach

"STOP THINKING ABOUT FOOD WHEN WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF A GAME!" The teams yell at me

"Ok ok, jeez you're going to break my eardrums"

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 1500