Vivica

I wake up with a start. Adrenaline runs through my system and my mind gives me one concern.

Hazel.

I look around the dark room and my heart grows anxious at the silence. I try to move my legs, but I'm stopped at a strong hold of ropes around my ankles and wrists. Tears fall out at no sign of my daughter.

The sound of an opening door brings my attention and I see a figure walking up to me. I frantically say, "Where's my daughter? Where is she? What have you done with her?"

The figure stays quiet and I let out a whimper of frustration. But I fall silent as I see him lean closer to me. I immediately recognize those dark eyes and my blood boils.

"Hello, princess," he says in a low voice. "It's an honor to finally meet you."

"Where's my daughter?!"

He does a low laugh and this makes my jaw clench with anger. "She's safe for now. But we have other plans with you."

"Let her go," I frantically say. "Let her go and you can have me. My mother wants me, right? Then she can have me, but let my little girl go!"

The man only gives me a crooked smile. "Now where's the fun in that? I'm sure the White Queen would love to know that she's a grandmother...."

"Shut up!" I angrily say. A shot of pain crosses my face when I feel a hard slap. I try to fight him. Strangle him. But the ropes hold me back and this makes him laugh.

"You're stupid if you think you can be free. We got you trapped now, and there's no one who can save you."

I let my tears fall and let out an angry breath. "Please. I beg you. Just let her go. Let her go. She has nothing to do with this. Please...." My voice breaks and I let a sob escape my lips. This time, a punch on my face makes me fall quiet and my vision blurs.

"No," the man says. "Your mother did say that you've been a bad girl. So it's time for your punishment." He turns his head to the side and nods.

I look up to see more men come out of the shadows with sticks and ropes. My heart paces and my eyes immediately look for an escape. I try to move but even the chair seems glued to the ground. I look down at my hand and turn it into a fist. No ice comes out and I pant as they get closer. The laughter of the man echoes in the room as the first hit comes as a slap. Then I feel the ropes detach and I use all my strength to run away.

But there's too many of them. They grab my shoulders, my arms, my legs, and drag me to a corner. They drop me on the ground hard and I fall breathless. Then the hits come. Harder and faster at each second. I let out cries of pain and look for escapes, but I'm always interrupted by my instincts blocking my face from their torture. Sobs echo in my ears as my adrenaline blocks out the pain and makes my mind think of Hazel.

I ignore the pain as my heart breaks for my daughter. Where is she? What are they doing to her? I pray to God that she's okay. That she's at least at peace. If I have to take the hits for her, I will do it.

So I block all of their hits and try to stay awake until it's too dark for me to see. My body turns weak and I can barely breathe. I try to stand up, but my legs fail me. The only thing helping me stand is the strong hand pulling my hair. The man whispers to me, "You know....your little girl is a cry baby. I hate people that cry too much...."

My heart paces at these words and my motherly instincts bring out strength from my weak body. I strongly jab my head backwards and this makes the man fall back in pain. I grab his wrist and pull him forward so he can lose his balance. When he does, I turn around to run but another set of hands grabs my shoulder. I bring up my arms so I can lock his hands under my arms and I can kick his groin. This man falls back in pain and I run again. The man gets up and takes my wrist which makes me fall on the ground, and hit my head on the metal floor. My vision turns blurry, and pain shoots up my head like a stab.