Vivica

I am where it all started.

I sit by a bench of my daughter's favorite park. The same park I first saw the hooded man.

But I still smile at Hazel as she peeks her head on the side of the slide. She giggles at my smile and I blow a kiss at her. I admire how much she's grown. She even speaks more openly with others as she sits by a little girl making "sand castles." My heart melts at the thought that next week she'll be four. I chuckle at the thought that only four years ago, my heart commanded me to stay awake. To stay alive for her....

So I push down my fear and let my eyes start to look around the place. I can spot a hooded man now. My soldier instincts come back and I study every aspect of his jogging. He's faking it. I can tell. His eyes are focused on the people around the park instead of on the sidewalk. They land on me and his eyes immediately go down. He must be telling the others that I'm here.

Now my mother instincts kick in and I look over to where Hazel is. She runs around with her friend and helps her. I look at the other mothers and they seem to be normal. My heart goes to rest at this and I click my tongue.

It's time for action.

I stand up as I see Hazel run towards a tree to get a dandelion. I run up to her and take her from her small waist. She giggles as I bury my face in her neck.

"Mommy! Stop it!" My heart fills with warmth at the sound of her small laughter. My eyes search for a place where Bellamy can find me. Somewhere where they can park by the back. I find a small section towards the back of the park where it's filled with dandelions.

"Hey!" I whisper to Hazel as I turn her towards this section. "Look at that place! So many puffies!"

I put a soft kiss on her neck and she does an excited gasp. "Puffies! Puffies!"

I give her cheek one last kiss before saying, "Let's go!" Hazel immediately takes a hold of my hand and drags me to this area. I enjoy the small feeling of her hand in mine and let her take me.

When we arrive, I turn around and look for anyone. I find a hooded man running towards the back sidewalk. I let a small smile start at my lips as I crouch by Hazel.

They've fallen to the trap.

"Shaun is on his way. Bellamy is getting ready to take you in," I hear Shaw say in my earpiece. I clear my throat to signal that I've heard them. I look back at Hazel and put a kiss on her cheek like it's the last time....

"I love you, you know that, right?" Hazel gives me a small nod as she continues with her dandelions. I watch as her little lips form into a circle so she can blow on the dandelion. She does an excited jump as it disintegrates.

I smile at the image of my daughter. She's so curious. So special. "You're the best that's ever happened to me, Hazel."

Hazel looks back at me and jumps in my arms. I laugh at this and enjoy her warmth. She takes my face in her small hands as I carefully pick her up. I smile at her as her big blue eyes shine through me. "I love you, mommy."

Tears start to fall and I give her a happy chuckle. "I love you more, sweetheart." My heart melts when she wraps her arms around my neck and transfers the strength I need for the next step.

"Daddy!" My heart starts to pace when I hear her say this. I let her down as she runs up to Shaun. His eyes close as he takes her in his arms and kisses her cheeks. Then they land on me and the same nerves I have reflect in his bright blue eyes.

"How are you?" he whispers.

"I've been better," I playfully say. I lay a kiss on his lips and hear as Shaw says, "Five minutes until Bellamy steps in."

"Vivica--"

"I love you," I quickly interrupt. "I've always had. I don't regret a single thing."

"Viv. Don't do that. We will meet again. I...." His eyes threaten to water as he says, "I need my best friend."

My nervous heart suddenly stops as I close the distance. Our lips move in sync and I pull away to put my forehead on his. "Stay alive."

"I will. Don't do anything reckless, IceLady."

I smile at him and whisper, "Stay alive."

With this, he looks at Hazel and happily says, "Do you want to go play with Simon?"

I give him an impressed look and he rolls his eyes. This makes me laugh as Hazel happily nods at him. They start towards the back to where he parked the car. I wave at them and Hazel puts her small head on his broad shoulder. I blow a kiss at her, and she lifts up her head to smile that smile I fell in love with from the start. "Bye Mama! I love you!"

"I love you more, baby girl!" I give her one last smile before she disappears in the car and I watch them disappear in the distance. The moment the car turns the corner, my soldier instincts take over my mother instincts and I look for the right spot for Bellamy to take me.

I clear my throat and I can hear Shaw whisper in my ear, "Bellamy. Go ahead."

I go by a fountain covered with trees far away in the back. I start to fill up my water bottle and keep my eyes down. Don't let them see your act. Don't take off the mask. Don't let them see your weakness....

From the corner of my eyes, I can see a small shadow pass among the trees and I keep calm. Bellamy isn't the only one as a spy. I can only imagine how they're doing at the building they've detected my mother in.

My mother.

I'm ready to meet you, mother. I hope you are, too.

Then I feel a sharp pain on my arm and I abruptly turn to see a hooded man stab a syringe in my arm. I immediately feel all the cold in my veins fade away. The facility made sure to imitate the same serum that was used in my first kidnap but in a way that it won't hurt me as much.

So I don't panic about this, especially when I recognize those dark eyes in the hoodie. Bellamy. He angirly takes my arms and I pretend to fight back. But then someone else puts a cloth over my mouth and nose.

I can hear different voices in my ear saying my blood pressure and how my health is doing. Rhi and Sue were able to create a different kind of tracker on me. Just in case the enemy becomes suspicious. The tracker attaches to my blood cells as if it were just a vitamin or another cell. It doesn't hurt me.

So I know that not only they know where I'm going as drowsiness takes the best of me, but the facility is able to keep track of my health with this tracker.

"So far, everything is okay!" I can hear Derek say in my ear. This leaves me at rest as the world turns silent.

Soon...world turns dark all over again.