Vivica

I had quite the birthday. First Hazel gave me this beautiful drawing she did. She claimed that it was a picture of our family at our new home. I honestly saw a lot scribbles, but I think this is much better than any kind of Picasso pictures.

Then my date with Shaun. I couldn't help but laugh at the end of our passionate session. I teased Shaun that this is probably what he wanted at our first date, but I didn't fall for it. All he did was laugh loudly and kiss my forehead as his fingers tenderly caressed my bare back.

But I'd say that my favorite part was coming home at the end and laying by Hazel's side. My sisters had fallen asleep with her and they woke up with a start when we opened the door. Kitty was at the table doing a word search and she was the only one up. We chuckled at this and we thanked them all for their help. Kitty gave me a pretty present of this package with lotions and bathing supplies. I playfully thanked her and said, "Dang. It looks like the pay with Lena is pretty good!" She just gave me a small slap on my arm and shook her head with a smile.

Then we got comfortable in bed. Hazel has a room of her own in this place, but she feels safer in my arms. Or her daddy's arms. Mostly his arms. But I feel better if I have her close, too. Yet, on that night, she scooted in my arms and dozed back to sleep. I ran my fingers tenderly through her hair and kissed her small nose. She then moved her small arm and put a hand on my face. With this, her frown disappeared and went back to her peaceful sleep. My world stopped at her touch and I held her closer. That was my favorite part of my birthday.

The next morning, I wake up slowly and find myself smiling. Hazel is already up and she sits in the middle of the bed. Shaun has his arm extended behind her and she quietly looks around with her bright blue eyes. Shaun moves a little, and she watches how his arm tightens his hold around her in his sleep and turns his head to the side.

I giggle at this and Hazel hears me. She turns over to look at me and does a small excited sound. I gently put a finger on my lips and she falls silent. I gesture for her to come with me and she shakes her head. I let my eyes grow wide in surprise and pout. Hazel quietly observes me as I pretend to cry. I look up from my hands and whisper, "Come with Mommy?" Hazel shakes her head at me without hesitation and I frown at this.

"Just admit it." Shaun turns his head to look at me. His voice scratchy from just waking up and his eyes closed as he says, "She likes me more."

"Yeah. And those hours of labor and nine months of carrying her around, don't count at all."

Shaun does a small chuckle at this and he finally opens his eyes. "I'm cuter. That's why." Hazel lays down again and wraps her arms around his neck with so much love.

I'm jealous.

"That's not fair," I playfully say.

"You're just jealous."

"I'm not."

"Yes. You are."

"No. Because.....you didn't enjoy the miracle of feeling her grow inside of you."

"But she likes me more in the end. As you can see." I look over at them and see that she has buried her face in his neck.

Shaun gives me a smirk when I see this and I chuckle. "Well I guess you are kinda cool."

"You know you love me."

"I do. But you can have her for now while I do breakfast." I slowly get up and gently slap both of their bottoms. Hazel giggles and Shaun does a small yelp. I laugh loudly at this and walk in the kitchen.

As we were eating at the small table, I just found out that he had been suspended from facility work for two weeks! I furrowed my brows at him and said, "Why didn't you tell me?!"