Vivica

I love this spacious room. It's amazing how similar it is to my dream house. The pixels slowly turn a gray room into an apartment inside of a room.

I admire all of this with Hazel, and Kitty giggles by my side. "You guys act like you've never seen technology. Well. Hazel hasn't, but you Viv? This is like kindergarten level of Tech for the facility."

I chuckle at this and shrug. "I guess I really do need to come back more often. Thank you so much, Kitty, for all your help." I hold Hazel close to me. She stands by my leg and her small hand hides in mine. When we left the comfort of the small hospital room, she hid in my shoulders and I ignored the pain in my ribs to hold onto her. As long as she feels safe.

"Yeah. Don't worry, ladies. You are both safe now. Especially since Shaun nearly killed the man we happened to capture."

I turn around from putting Hazel on the sofa. "What?! What did he do?"

Kitty looks confused now. "Um. You didn't hear? Shaun went in to 'interrogate' and the prisoner ended up in the medical center. I mean.....he did what we all wanted to do."

No one wonder those bruises on his knuckles...

I let out a sigh and shake my head. "Now I understand." I look over at Kitty and let my sternness fade away as I give her a smirk. "How much did he punch him?"

"Oh girl," she says with a chuckle. "I'm telling you....I do not recognize that man anymore."

I smile along with her and say, "Well. It's the least he gets for what he's done to my daughter. But I wish my mother was in that hospital bed. Not him. He was only following orders from her."

"Don't worry," Kitty says as she sits at one of the stools by the small kitchen counter. "Peter has gotten all of his people to work on tracking her down all day and night. At the smallest hint of movement from that witch, we will attack."

"You sound scary," I say to her with a pout I've seen Hazel do a lot. She does a laugh and looks over at Hazel that quietly sits on the couch. She's entertained with a pillow that has small beads on the edges.

"Hey, pretty lady!" She looks up and smiles at Kitty. "What do you want? Ice cream? Cookies? Toys?"

Hazel keeps her soft expresion as she says, "My tummy is hungry."

Kitty makes her eyes grow wide in surprise and her mouth falls open. "Really? What's it saying?"

Hazel giggles at this and says, "It's saying: Yum! I want to eat Kitty!!"

"Oh really?!" Kitty says among laughter. "Well my stomach is starving and you know what it's saying?"

She slowly goes up to her on the couch and Hazel shakes her head with a giggle. Kitty stays still in front of her until she abruptly says, "Yum!! I want to eat Hazel!!!"

She takes Hazel in her arms, and moves her fingers all over her neck to make Hazel squirm. She laughs loudly from all of her tickles until Kitty lets her breathe for a moment and then she goes back to tickling her. All of Kitty's exhaustion and tension leaves with her as she laughs along with Hazel on the couch.

I do a small laugh as they both search for breath and I say, "It's okay. If you want, I'll make something for the three of us!"

"No. No." Kitty quickly gets up after giving Hazel a kiss on her head. "No. You need to rest. Take it easy, remember? Let me get you guys something to eat from the cafeteria and I'll bring in something for Hazel to get entertained with as well."

"No, Kitty," I gently say. "You must be exhausted from all that tension from my kidnap. You should go rest."

"Viv. I'm fine," Kitty says with a raised hand. "And plus! I'm the fairly god mother. Let me do my job. I'll be back, okay? Lady!" She looks at Hazel now and Hazel gives her a happy smile. "How about a few coloring books?"