Chapter 1

Finally. Today is the day you graduate from Medical college. After a life's worth of hard work and some heavy losses, you made it. You were more than proud of yourself. You ranked first in all your classes and was the most talented at your college. Many hospitals requested you to apply there as soon as you graduated. After the ceremony, you went straight home. Most people celebrated with friends and went out, but coming first in the ranks had a sacrifice, meaning you didn't have time for friends. You lived alone since your parents passed. You could easily afford a bigger home, but this house was the only thing that you had in memory of them. 

Your dad was part of the survey corps, and your mom was a doctor. Since you were a kid, you wanted to help humanity, meaning to be in the survey corps. Your mom hated the idea of seeing her husband already risk his life, and she didn't want to lose you too. You decided to become a doctor instead. Still, since you were about 5 years old, your dad taught you martial arts, and by your teenage years, he even taught you to use the 3-dimensional maneuver gear; the ones the survey corps used. One day your dad did not return from a mission, and you were informed that he was devoured by a titan, your worst nightmare. After his passing, you were more motivated to practice your 3dmg skills. Whenever you were free (barely ever because of medical school) you practiced and practiced and practiced, leaving you no time for friends. You were still very good with people though, always professional and caring; like your parents. One day you and your mom found out that she had stage 3 lung cancer, giving her only a few days to live. You promised yourself you would become the greatest doctor in existence, and find a cure to these illnesses that people die from like your mom did.

 Looking at your graduation cap and certificate, you let out a few tears, you didn't cry much, but today was special.

"I hope you're proud of me mom and dad.... I did this for you, I miss you guys".

You say while tears fall down your face. You missed them, a lot. After training a bit in your backyard, you called it a day and went to sleep.

The next morning

You woke up and felt a spark of joy in you, you could finally devote your life to giving people a second chance to live, giving people hope, being caring. All things your parents wanted you to be. In this cruel world, you wanted to make a difference, and give your life purpose even if it was cramped between these walls. Even though this was your dream, you've always never let the thought of the outside world go. You couldn't see it, but it was always a hope of yours. Those damn titans. Today you were free, you'd be working at a huge hospital in a few days, and took some time off to prepare and rest. You did your usual morning routine and sat on your table reading a book and enjoying the silence when there was a loud knock at the door.

You got up and opened the door, to see your old professor, and two other men standing behind him.

"Professor Hans, what a pleasant surprise!"

"y/n, so nice to see you"

"Oh um come in-all of you!'. You motioned them to come inside. The two other men were wearing survey corps uniforms, was that the commander? You thought. He was very tall, blonde and had these bright but subtle blue eyes. He looked confident and strong, someone who could be a commander, someone full of hope. The other man was very different from him, He was half the height, expressionless and had raven black hair that was in an undercut. Very mysterious you thought. Did he always keep his face like that?

Everyone sat down at the table. Professor Hans started to speak.

"y/n, this is Commander Erwin Smith of the Survey Corps, and this is Captain Levi of the soldiers, also known as "Humanity's strongest". You were shocked but didn't show it. Commander of the survey corps and humanity's strongest soldier were in your house, right in front of you, That is humanity's strongest soldier? You thought. You didn't expect him to look like that if you were being honest. Even if he was a bit small, he had a look on his face that would seriously scare anyone, something in his eyes showed that he has seen many things, and been through a lot.