Maine tribes and colonies

Descriptions: this is one of the other only states to meet the oceans. As for this, the result is that they would also live near Canada too.

Homes: dwellings, caves, abandoned buildings, shelters and man made burrows.

Locations of their homes: Moosehead Lake, Kennebec River, Penobscot River, national parks, forests,  near the Gulf of Maine and the borders near New Hampshire and Canada.

Colonists: Paleoindians, Neanderthals, Homo Heidelbergensis, Homo floresiensis, Cro-magnons and Homo Ergasters.

Animals they tamed: Canadian lynxes, coyotes, ice age coyotes, dire wolves, weasels, minks, opossums, raccoons, river otters, muskrats, snowshoe hares, pine martens, red and gray foxes, beavers, bobcats, porcupines, parasaurolophuses, eastern cottontails and striped skunks. 

Game they hunt: moose, whitetail deer, mastodons, stag moose, struthiomimuses, kudu sheep, kudu deer, moas, elephant birds, dodos and gerynornises.

This is the first time they are teaming lesser animals: like porcupines, coyotes (modern and prehistoric), parasaurolophuses, rabbits and hares, skunks, weasels, martens, muskrats, opossums, beavers and minks.

The modern coyotes, ice age coyotes, foxes, bobcats, lynxes, martens, minks, skunks, otters, raccoons, opossums and weasels were kept mostly as house pets. Since there is not much usage out of them, (other then keeping pests in control).

The snowshoe hares, eastern cottontails, porcupines, beavers and muskrats are kept in small pets with metal fences, made by their owners. At least they manage to take them from scrap and junk yards. 

The parasaurolophuses are usually game/prey animals, like many others. But in Maine (and maybe in other places), they are now being used as beasts of burden.  They were also kept in stables as well made by the de extinct humans as well.