Chapter 15

We were sitting on my couch with my hands working out the knots in her shoulders. My legs on either side of her, we lounged comfortably.

"What time do you leave tomorrow?"

"I'm supposed to be out the door by 8. Aunt Lou expects everyone at the table by 3." She let out a low hum as my hands worked their way up her neck and to her scalp.

"That's a long drive."

"I know, but this is the only time of year that I see the rest of my family. Plus, how else will I catch up on all the family drama?"

"You guys have family drama?" I couldn't imagine it. The Russells seemed like such a perfect family.

"Are you kidding me?" She sat up and turned towards me. "Where should I start? There's cousin Joe who is in rehab, but no one is supposed to mention it, there's Aunt Jody who is on her.. fourth marriage? And my cousins Amy and Kate who aren't on speaking terms because Amy is now dating Liam, who was previously dating Kate." She playfully rolled her eyes.

"Sounds like a great season on The Young and the Restless," I teased. "What's the scoop on you, huh?"

I saw her tense slightly before she widened her eyes dramatically. "The workaholic niece who always brings the delicious pumpkin pie."

"I love pumpkin pie.." I gave a small stretch, letting out a small gasp when her hands grabbed my hips, pulling me to her.

"I'll have to save you a piece," she murmured, her eyes on my lips.

I leaned into her, our lips meeting for a slow, deep kiss. The kind of kiss that left me breathless but like I couldn't get enough. My arms wrapped around her neck and I didn't think I'd ever get tired of kissing her. I felt her smile and pulled away slightly, pressing my forehead to hers.

"I should go home to pack." Her lips brushed my own with every word.

I pulled back, frowning. "What? Right now?" I was practically pouting.

"It is getting late.." She glanced at her watch before her eyes met mine again, taking on a mischievous glint.

I grabbed a couch pillow and smacked her with it. "You are such-" She interrupted by grabbing both of my wrists.

"Such a what?" She pushed me back, still holding my wrists. Her eyes were drinking me in like a bird of prey sizing their next meal. My heartbeat thudded in my chest and when her hands released their hold to trace over my arms and down my chest, I forgot what her question was about. I almost forgot how to breathe. One of her hands dipped inside my shirt, rubbing small circles along my stomach. "You were saying?"

"I- umm, what? Pumpkin pie?" I didn't know if I'd ever be completely coherent around her.

She laughed and kissed me, wrapping both arms around my waist and giving me a tight squeeze, her tongue exploring my mouth. My hands cupped her face and I wanted to stay in the moment as long as I could. When she pulled back, I let out a slow, shuddering breath.

"I do have to go, though." She brought a hand up to brush my hair back from my face.

"Fine."

"You are awfully grumpy," she teased, dropping another peck on my lips. "But I've had no time, and I have to pack," she moved a line of kisses over my jaw, "and I have to put two pies in the oven." Her lips hovered over my ear as her hand trailed down my neck and down my abdomen. "I promise to make it up to you."

I could only nod in response.

***

Thanksgiving Day started with the blaring alarm that I'd forgotten to turn off. I grumbled and turned it off quickly, throwing the covers over my head and desperately trying to recover the dream I'd been ripped out of that involved a tropical location, overflowing drinks, very limited clothing and a certain curvy blonde.