Chapter 20

As the weeks went by, my busy season ramped up. Endless sessions of clients wanting last minute portraits for holiday cards and families reuniting for the holidays. Every spare moment was spent with either Cameron, Eliza on her weekends, or both when Cameron would join us.

Things had been going so smoothly and with Christmas getting so close, I'd started to let my guard down. I felt happy and relaxed. There had been no more incidents with Whitney or my time with Eliza and I couldn't wait to spend some extra time with her with her school holiday break coming up.

I was on the way to Cameron's office to meet her for lunch. I was officially free for the next two weeks. Business was closed for the holidays and I couldn't wait.

As I made my way to the 27th floor, I thought about the last time I had been there. So much had happened after that day. I had been so anxious and confused, but this time I felt confident.

When I approached Beverly, she gave me a pinched smile. "She'll be right with you.. Miss Taylor."

I simply nodded at her and took a seat. The place was still slightly intimidating. After a few minutes, I looked up to see Cameron walking out of her office. She flashed a sexy smile my way.

"Right this way." She gestured toward her office and I followed silently.

Shutting the door behind her, Cameron stepped towards me, trailing her fingertips up my arms.

"Does being here make you anxious?"

"A little.." my eyes darted to the closed door.

She cupped my cheek and brushed her lips over mine. "Don't worry. No one comes in my office unless I tell them to."

I shivered slightly. "Okay."

She leaned in to whisper in my ear. "It's not like I'm going to take you.. right here and now, on top of my desk.." A gasp escaped my throat. "At least.. not right now." She grinned and stepped away from me. "I ordered us lunch. Hope you're hungry!"

I stood just where she'd left me before whirling around to face her. "You-"

She was sitting in her chair, her shapely legs crossed, the slit in her skirt giving a glimpse of her thigh.

"You enjoy this, don't you?" I managed to find my way to a chair across from her, sitting carefully.

"Of course. And so do you."

I didn't know if I wanted to be annoyed with her or pull her across the desk.

You know exactly what you want to do to her.

Before I had any other thoughts, the phone on her desk rang. She answered it coolly as if the last few minutes hadn't just happened.

"Yes, Beverly?"

While she talked, I tried to still my thudding heart.

"I'm on lunch for the next hour." She sounded both bored and annoyed. "Then tell him I will get back to him in an hour. I'm taking lunch in my office and I don't want to be disturbed."

As soon as she hung up with Beverly, her cell phone rang. "That's our food, I'll be right back."

When she left the office, I glanced around. Something on her desk had caught my eye. I leaned forward to take a closer look. Just to the right of her computer was a small black frame. It held a selfie we'd taken the night we went to the Christkindlmrkt.
We both sported big smiles and our cheeks were rosy from both the slight chill in the air and the drinks we'd shared.

I heard her approaching and scooted back into my chair.

"There's this little place right around the corner and they have these delicious burrito bowls." She set everything down on her desk. "Let's dig in."