☁ 8 ☁

jaemin walked to the school with his hands in his pockets, eyes looking everywhere like a madman. his had hadn't started the best way and he was a bit paranoid now.

first, he had had trouble sleeping.

second, he had lost his wallet.

third, he had slipped while getting out of his house.

and fourth, the park he had gone to the day before was closed, so he couldn't check if he had forgotten his wallet there.

what a way to start you day.

jaemin didn't have much more options.

his mission was to make the two other boys fall in love anyway. his wallet could wait.

it's only when he was a few minutes away from school that he realised he wouldn't be able to get in. the supervisor at the entrance checked if everybody had his school id, and as jaemin had lost his wallet, he had lost his id as well... and this meant that he would have to wait outside of school for jeno and renjun to show up.

when he finished his reasoning, he was standing in front of school, and a few students were next to him, chatting with their friends or typing on their phones before entering hell.

"excuse me?" someone poked jaemin's arm.

the angel turned around, facing the stranger, and he tensed when seeing who it was.

"you forgot it at the park yesterday." renjun said with a smile while holding out jaemin's wallet.

jaemin's eyes flicked a few times between the small brunet that was holding his wallet and the taller boy behind him before he dared to grab his belonging.

"t-thank you." he said in a small voice.

"you're welcome. do you feel better than yesterday?" he asked smiling again.

jaemin nodded shyly.

"that's good. i am renjun, and this is jeno." he said, stepping aside and putting a hand on jeno's shoulder – that jeno pushed away after a second.

"j-jaemin." he told, looking at his feet.

"i had never seen you before." jeno spoke for the first time. "are you new here?"

"huh... yes." jaemin flushed.

"oh, cool!" renjun beamed. "do you have friends already?"

jaemin shook his head, a bit taken aback by the question.

"we're your firsts then!" he took jaemin's hand in his own and shook it. "did you hear that jeno?"

jeno snorted from behind. "yeah, calm your tits, shortie. i may be jaemin's friend, but i'm not yours." he said, pulling jaemin's hand from renjun's grasp.

"oh, quit being a moody bitch for once jeno." renjun rolled his eyes.

"quite surprising to hear that coming from your mouth, huang." jeno spat.

"really? do you want my fist in your ugly face?"

"i'll be the first one to hit, asshole."

"h-huh... i'll go to class." jaemin interrupted the two's bickering, making them look at him.

"we'll bring you! we're friends now!" renjun sing-sang, his voice and face changing completely.

jaemin smiled awkwardly before being dragged by renjun and followed by jeno to his 'first class' – a classroom he had pointed at randomly.

after waving jaemin goodbye, renjun and jeno left the angel, going together to their own class. and for the first time, jaemin felt like he had achieved something: renjun and jeno had stayed more than 10 minutes together without bickering too much. all thanks to jaemin.

"bravo shithead. now jaemin might think we're weird because we were fighting in front of him." renjun snarled when they both got to class and sat to their seats, renjun behind jeno.

"of course, he will think you're weird. you're acting like the little bitch you are when speaking to me, and as soon as you face him, you get all bubbly and fucking annoying." jeno tackled back.

"this is called being friendly, mister 'i have no friends'." renjun spat. "but obviously you don't know about it since you're a loner who has NO FRIENDS."

jeno turned around in order not to see him anymore. "shut the fuck up."

"aww. jeno is mad at me for pointing out the truth."

jeno faced renjun again and slammed both his hands on the chinese's table, making him jump on his seat at the sudden action. "didn't you hear what i told you?" he asked, venom in his voice.

"i did." renjun said confidently. "i just wanted to know when i would reach the limit."

"well, one more word and you're on the floor, bleeding under me."

renjun huffed, passing a hand through his hair.

"i wonder what jaemin would say if he saw his two new friends fighting like that." renjun said.

"we're still not friends renjun. and the boy probably won't want to be friends with any of us." jeno rolled his eyes and turned around.

"he seems cool to hang around." renjun spoke to himself, loud enough for jeno to hear. "he's shy and nervous. but that's cute."

jeno chuckled and turned his head towards renjun. "don't tell me he's your type."

"and what if he was?"

"the boy is taller than you, shortass." jeno pointed out.

"and? are you saying that because you are interested in him and don't want me in the way?"

jeno rolled his eyes. "come on. we've seen him twice. he'll probably never hang out with us again."

"us!" renjun exclaimed.

"what?" jeno asked pissed.

"you said 'us', this means you thought about jaemin, you and i hanging together." renjun smiled. "is the loner starting to get some friends?"

"when saying us, i meant you and i, separately, stupid. i still hate you."

renjun snorted. "yeah, me too, don't worry."

"and it's not going to change." they both added at the same time.