☁ 13 ☁

weird.

that's how you could describe jeno and renjun's day.

they had been hanging together with jaemin every moment they could during the day, but none of them had exchanged words.

jaemin was the one speaking and renjun or jeno would only speak when the blue-haired boy asked a question.

but now, they had to talk.

jaemin's classes ended in one hour – well, that's what he had told them. and so, jeno and renjun both had to wait for an hour before hanging out with jaemin again.

sure, they could stay alone, go to the library or things like that, but it was a great opportunity to have a chat and speak about their problem.

and that's exactly what renjun thought.

arriving in the playground, he saw jeno, sitting on a bench, alone, doing nothing. he approached him carefully and sat on the bench, leaving a few centimetres between them.

"huh... can we talk?" he asked hesitantly.

jeno looked at him for a second before focusing again on a random tree. "yeah. we should."

renjun nodded in approval.

the three next minutes were awkward as hell, because none of them dared to talk to the other, and they just stayed silent, staring at nothing.

"so... who's going to start?" jeno asked after a cough.

"as you want." renjun replied instantly. "if you feel more comfortable you can start, otherwise i'll be starting."

"well, i'll let you choose." jeno replied. "you came here."

"yeah, but i don't want to make you uncomfortable or anything."

"it's okay, it's okay." jeno reassured the boy. "i'm good, don't worry. tell me if you want to start first, i don't mind."

renjun and him looked at each other in the eye before laughing at the same time.

"we sound like schoolgirls." renjun said.

"yeah." jeno smiled. "pretty awkward."

"hm." renjun hummed.

"so... yeah... us..."

renjun fidgeted with his fingers.

"yeah... huh... well, jaemin talked to me about our relationship. like, you and i."

jeno nodded. "he spoke to me too."

"and... he made me realise that i had no real reason to hate you..."

"pretty much the same thing."

jeno glanced a renjun, the chinese giving him a small smile in return.

"i'm sorry." jeno spoke first.

"i am too, jeno." renjun added.

"i didn't want our relationship to become like this, and i regret everything i did."

"it's okay. i should be the one to say that. it's me who started everything." renjun lowered his head.

"it's no big deal." jeno reassured him.

"of course, it is!" renjun exclaimed. "i hadn't realised it before, but now that we have jaemin, i understood what he meant. have you seen how excited he was at the idea of the three of us being friends?"

"yeah... pretty cute." jeno chuckled.

"the cutest, actually. and to say i wanted to break his dream because i couldn't swallow my pride and apologize to you..." renjun sighed.

"it's okay now. we both apologized. we can start on good terms. or better ones at least."

and both missed the bright smile that appeared on the angel's face when he heard those words, hidden behind a bush.

"how can he be this cute?" jeno sighed, looking at a happy jaemin playing on the swings.

"i wonder as well." renjun replied, eyes glued on the blue-haired male.

"renjun! jeno!" jaemin exclaimed, jumping off the swing and running towards them.

"yeah?" jeno replied with a smile.

"don't you want to come and play?"

"you know, this is a place for five-year-olds." renjun chuckled, making jaemin pout.

"well done huang. you made jaemin sad." jeno spat.

"hey! we're supposed to be friends. respect me." renjun argued.

"being friends doesn't mean i'll always be kind to you. there are times i'll make fun of you or roast you. that's what friends are for."

renjun snorted. "as if you knew anything about friendship."

jeno crossed his arms on his chest.

he hadn't been hurt like usual by renjun's words. perhaps were they less mean than usual, not in the actual words, but in the tone. and it changed a lot.

"i never saw you with anyone either." jeno tackled back.

"which doesn't mean i don't have friends, but just that you're blind."

jeno was prevented to answer by a cough coming from jaemin.

the boy was still pouting, in front of them, waiting for jeno or renjun to play with him.

a very cute sight to see.

"well, if renjun thinks playing on the swings is a five-year-old thing, i'll be the one playing with you, i guess." jeno said, rising to his feet and walking to the swings with jaemin.

"hey! wait!" renjun followed them. "i want to play as well."

"aww!" jeno teased renjun. "little huang wants to play."

renjun flushed, of both embarrassment and anger, making jaemin laugh and jeno happy.

that's it. they were finally friends.

and it promised to be a beautiful friendship.