☁ 32 ☁

jaemin woke up feeling like shit.

not like it was very different from the other days.

the ex-angel opened his eyes slowly, ready to face a rough day once again.

his days were all the same now. lying on a bed, his back hurting like hell, his heart broken, and his thoughts way too dark. the only good moment of his day was when sungchan would come to see him and let him talk about his love for the two wonderful humans that were jeno and renjun.

but the day before, he hadn't been able to see sungchan. he was too tired, too weak... he had blacked out before sungchan could come to him.

what he didn't know though was that sungchan had spelled him to bring him to renjun and jeno...

instead of falling on a greyish fluffy ceiling, jaemin stared confusedly at the smooth white ceiling above his head. where was he?

looking to the side, jaemin widened his eyes when he noticed jeno's sleeping face. the former angel turned around widening his eyes even more at the sight of renjun clinging onto his arm.

this had to be a dream.

this couldn't be true.

jaemin would do anything for it to be true.

but sadly, he was going to wake up in his prison, just like every day...

it was strange though.

everything felt so real...

he could feel renjun's touch on his arm... he could hear jeno's light snores... and he could touch them.

"jaemin?" a voice interrupted him in his thoughts.

he raised his head slowly, his eyes falling into renjun's deep brown orbs that he had missed so much.

before he could do anything, jaemin was pulled against renjun's body, the petite boy holding tight onto him.

"j-jaemin... i missed you so much..." renjun mumbled, tears welling into his eyes.

jaemin couldn't help but hug back and cuddle into renjun's warm embrace. he loved that boy dearly, and being in his arms after so long felt so right. he was crying too, wetting renjun's shirt, but they couldn't care less.

"jun... are you cry- "

jeno stopped talking and opened his eyes fully when he saw the chinese hugging jaemin as if he was scared that he would go away soon.

"jaemin..." jeno mumbled, caching the attention of the male who got out of renjun's embrace to hold onto jeno, crying harder.

"shhh... stop crying baby." jeno whispered, his hands caressing jaemin's sides.

"we're here, everything is alright..." renjun added softly, caressing the younger's hair and making sure not to glue his body to jamein's back because he was still wounded.

"calm down..."

jaemin's cries cessed after a few minutes of soothing words being told by the two humans.

jeno and renjun had sat side by side against the headboard, having jaemin straddling one thigh of each boy, and having his head resting on their shoulders.

"are you okay, angel?" renjun asked once his cries had died down.

jaemin pulled his head off their shoulders, and sat fully on their thighs, but he kept his head low.

"i'm not an angel anymore..." he mumbled, passing a hand over his shoulder towards his back, where his two majestic wings had been cut.

"you'll forever be our angel, jaemin." jeno said, using his fingers to lift jaemin's head.

jeno and renjun's hearts skipped a beat at the beauty in front of them.

how could jaemin, despite being completely broken, look so ethereal.

this only made the two humans fall more in love with him.

"i'm sorry." jaemin spoke, voice low.

"what are you sorry for?" renjun asked calmly, caressing jaemin's thigh.

"everything. not telling you i was an angel on mission, keeping things to myself, leaving both of you without an explanation, and never being honest..." he listed.

"you have nothing to apologise about." jeno reassured him.

"we were so worried about you..." renjun added. "but now you're back to us, and we can't be happier."

jaemin nodded, sniffling slightly. "t-thank you..." he whispered.

"hey, don't cry again." renjun chuckled, wiping a stray tear on jaemin's flawless face. "we're here for you now..."

jaemin nodded again, swallowing back his tears.

"s-so... you know i was an angel now...?" he asked shyly.

"we were so confused when we both saw your wings before you left." jeno told. "but then, shotaro came, and he explained everything to us."

jaemin's eyes widened. "e-everything?"

"yes."

"t-this means you know what my mission was?" he lowered his head.

"making renjun and i end up together."

jaemin nodded.

"and i failed miserably..." he chuckled bitterly.

"oh, no. you didn't, baby." renjun smiled at the boy on his lap.

"huh?" jaemin looked at the two boys successfully.

and that's when he noticed their intertwined hands, just in front of him, on jeno's lap.

so, he had succeeded. jeno and renjun did fall in love.

but... they liked each other. jaemin had nothing to do here anymore...

they would live their happy life together, and jaemin would have to start a brand-new life down there, on earth... he wasn't part of jeno and renjun. he was just on the side.

what did he expect anyway...?

"jaemin. jaemin!" jeno called the boy who was starting to break down in tears again.

"what's happening to you?" renjun questioned as jaemin was pulled out in a hug by the two.

"n-nothing." jaemin chocked out with difficulty. why tell them and make them feel bad for not returning his feelings?

"jaemin baby, look at us." jeno said in a deep voice, sending shivers down jaemin's spine.

the former angel did as he was told, tears not stopping to fall from his eyes.

"why are you crying?"

"i-i'm happy. m-my mission is finished. i can go now..." he lied; his voice damaged by the flows of tears running out of his eyes.

the boy tried to get off their laps, only to be set at his place again by jeno and renjun's hands.

"you're not going anywhere, angel." renjun told.

"we're keeping you to ourselves." jeno added.

"b-but- "

"let us love you like you deserve to be loved."