☁ 24 ☁

"hi!" renjun exclaimed, scaring jaemin who was going out of a toilet stall.

"h-hi renjun." he replied shyly, walking to the sink to wash his hands. "you were waiting for me?"

"yes! i wanted us to hang out."

jaemin smiled. "of course, where is jeno?"

"oh, huh..." renjun frowned slightly. "he... he had to go back home quickly. it's just the two of us today."

jaemin furrowed his brows.

no jeno? but why?

if jeno wasn't hanging out with them, how could him and renjun get together?

as much as it hurts, jaemin should just be the third wheel, this friend that always witnesses the others' affection without being part of it...

but jaemin had fallen for the two humans.

and that meant he would totally enjoy an afternoon with renjun only if he could have one with jeno the day after.

"okay." jaemin smiled. "where are we going?"

"we could go to the park maybe... otherwise we can... oh! what about buying a lot of food at the grocery store and eating it at my house while watching a movie marathon!"

"this sounds great."

"let's not waste a single minute then!" renjun exclaimed before taking jaemin's hand and pulling him at full speed towards his house.

"what do we watch now?" renjun asked to jaemin whose mouth was filled with sweet popcorn.

"mmh..." jaemin hummed, not being able to form proper words.

renjun chuckled at the sight.

"you have popcorn everywhere..." he sighed, dusting off jaemin's shirt with his hand, then combing his hair back to take off the popcorn that had been miraculously stuck there, and finally cupping jaemin's jaw with his palm and brushing off the crumbs with his thumb.

jaemin flushed when renjun licked his thumb, eating the food that previously was around jaemin's mouth.

"w-why did you do that?" jaemin asked once his mouth was empty.

"i don't know..." renjum smiled. "i like it when you're flustered. you look cute."

jaemin smiled, his heart beating at an undeniably fast pace.

"do you have an idea of what to watch now?" renjun asked, placing a hand on jaemin's thigh to grab his attention.

"h-huh..." jaemin's eyes wandered between renjun's hand and his eyes. "i-i don't know... i wanted t-to talk a bit?"

"okay, we can talk." renjun smiled. "do you want another glass of water?"

"yes please."

"i'm coming back then."

renjun grabbed jaemin's glass and his and headed towards the kitchen to fill them again. this allowed jaemin to let out a long sigh to calm his heart.

this was not healthy anymore.

he wondered if he didn't have a cardiac problem due to the speed of his heartbeat.

anyway, he had to calm down. the quickest possible. his wings were threatening to appear again. he couldn't contain his emotions well when renjun – or jeno – was around acting all sweet...

"here you are."

jaemin took the glass renjun had handed him and took a sip before putting it on the table.

"it's sad jeno can't be here with us..." jaemin told.

"why are you talking about jeno again? it's just you and i now..." renjun said with a pout.

"i know, but jeno is part of us."

renjun shrugged, not talking about the little problems he and jeno have at the moment.

"jeno is wonderful, don't you think?" jaemin asked dreamily – half because he wanted renjun to feel that when thinking about jeno, and half because he wanted to be with jeno. "he's sportive, and handsome, and considerate, and attractive, and so kind, and- "

"do you and jeno talk about me like that when you're alone as well?" renjun cut him, not wanting jaemin to tell him how in love he was with jeno.

"w-well... w-we do..." jaemin's cheeks coloured.

renjun sighed.

"d-don't you like it?" jaemin asked.

"it's not that..." renjun told, pulling jaemin so that he was lying on the couch with his head on renjun's lap.

"tell me everything." jaemin said, soothed by the hand in his hair that was massaging his crane.

"it's a bit complicated between jeno and i at the moment..." renjun mumbled.

"WHAT?!" jaemin yelled, sitting up again and looking at renjun with widened eyes.

"huh... jeno and i aren't on the best terms right now..." renjun repeated.

"b-but..." jaemin's eyes widened even more and renjun could even see tears forming into them.

"hey, hey, hey. come here." renjun said calmly, pulling jaemin onto his lap. the angel was now straddling him, fidgeting with his hands, and keeping his eyes open not to let any tear escape. "why are you crying, sweetheart?"

jaemin's heart fluttered at the nickname, but not for long as he remembered why he was in this position, with renjun calling him that.

"i-i... i wanted jeno and you to stop arguing and get close... you're my only friends..."

"i know, i know... but we don't agree on some things. important things..."

"which things?" jaemin asked but renjun didn't answer. so jaemin asked again.

renjun's mind was going crazy. he had to act. right now. even if that meant breaking the rules jeno had fixed.

"ren- "

jaemin's words were cut short by renjun's lips.

the chinese had passed a hand around jaemin's nape and pulled him so that their lips could meet in a sweet kiss.

he didn't know why he had done that without asking jaemin his permission, but he had done it and it was too late to go back now. in the end, he didn't even regret it; jaemin was responding to the kiss, completely melting into his touch, closing his eyes and moving his lips following renjun's movements.

did that mean renjun was the happy winner of his and jeno's contest?

jaemin's heart started beating uncontrollably the second he felt renjun's lips on his. and then, a wave of positive emotions kicked in when he stopped stressing and just melted into the kiss, not caring about the consequences.

but well, he should have been more cautious...

the kiss had provided such a good feeling that jaemin's control on his body was completely lost, and so, with a rush of adrenaline, and the sudden feeling of happiness invading his heart, he couldn't stop his wings from appearing...

here we go...