☁ 9 ☁

"watch where you're going!"

"you're in the way!"

"move!"

jaemin lowered his head every single time a student yelled such words at him. he was in the middle of a very busy corridor, trying to fight against the crowd to follow renjun.

the chinese had a way smaller frame than him, so it was easy for renjun to squeeze through the crowd. jaemin was taller and not confident enough to impose his way.

"sorry." he mumbled when he hit a chest for the nth time.

"jaemin?"

the angel turned around, stopping in the middle of the corridor and earning a few grunts. there, he saw jeno, who had stopped as well.

"h-hello jeno." jaemin smiled shyly before being pushed right in jeno's arms by some dude in a hurry to go to the canteen.

"s-sorry." jaemin apologised, cheeks flushed at the sudden contact.

"it's okay." jeno smiled. "where were you going? this corridor isn't the good place to be at that time of the day. everybody is running to the canteen."

"i-i was following renjun." jaemin told.

"and he didn't wait for you?" jeno raised a brow. "this ass."

"oh, no... he hadn't seen me." jaemin explained, trying to ease the tension.

"you're blocking the way!" some student yelled at jeno and jaemin who were having their conversation in the middle of the corridor.

jeno rolled his eyes.

"where was renjun going?" he asked.

"this way." jaemin pointed at the end of the corridor – which they couldn't see because of the crowd of hungry students.

jeno nodded before taking jaemin's wrist in his hand and pulling the undercover angel through the crowd, not scared of pushing them aside or glare at them when they would raise their voice.

they got at the end of the hallway in a matter of seconds.

"t-thank you." jaemin stuttered, cheeks red because of jeno's action.

"you're welcome." he smiled.

"what did i just hear?" a voice said from behind jeno. "lee jeno apologising to someone. how surpr- "

renjun stopped talking when jeno turned around, revealing jaemin.

"jaemin!" renjun exclaimed, his bratty attitude disappearing immediately.

"fake bitch." jeno mumbled so that only renjun could hear.

"how was your day?"

jeno snorted, making renjun glare at him.

"would surely have been better if he hadn't had to go through the flock of students that wanted to get to the canteen just to follow you."

renjun furrowed his brows. "you were stepped over by some rude guys?" he asked with a pained look. "just to follow me?"

"it's okay... jeno was here to help me." jaemin said low.

renjun looked at jeno who had a smirk plastered on his face.

"playing prince charming, huh?" renjun snickered.

"just fulfilling the role you'll never fit in." jeno shrugged.

"say that yourself, moody bastard."

"huh..." jaemin interrupted their silent bickering. "i-i wanted to ask you if you wanted to eat together with me?"

renjun's eyes lit. "of course!" he said with a huge smile, linking his and jaemin's arms.

"enjoy your meal then, jaemin." jeno smiled at the boy before turning around to leave.

"y-you're not coming with us?"

jeno looked at jaemin's pained expression. "h-huh... well..." he said, his eyes diverting to renjun.

the chinese rolled his eyes at jeno's clueless look.

"i'll let you alone with renjun. i'm sure you'll be great friends." jeno gave a small smile.

on the one hand, he didn't want to sadden jaemin by rejecting his offer, but on the other hand, he would have to spend a whole meal with renjun, and he hated that thought.

"b-but..." jaemin pouted, making renjun coo. "i wanted to spend a meal with my two friends..."

and you could say jaemin was adorable, because in a matter of seconds, jeno had pushed aside his hatered for renjun just to go to eat with him and jaemin.

"please, continue the exercices i gave you while i make some photocopies." the teacher said, leaving the classroom soon after.

jeno used this opportunity to stop working.

why would he continue doing some stupid exercises when no one was there to supervise him? he actually rarely did them correctly when the teacher was here, so why bothering when she's not.

"you're such a goody two shoes when you're with jaemin. quite the contrary of what you are with me."renjun – who was sitting in front of jeno this time – said.

jeno raised a brow. "did i talk to you?"

"i don't care. you call me fake but you're acting the same."

"me?" jeno scoffed. "i'm fake?"

"yeah. you're all moody and asshole-like. but as soon as you speak to jaemin, you lighten up and become a fucking perfect student. you even helped him cross the corridor. so not-jeno-like."

jeno smirked. "so, you admit i'm perfect."

"i admit you're fake, shit head."

"the way i deal with my problem isn't your business, huang."

"i'm just saying." renjun shrugged. "deal with your problems the way you want. i don't care."

"okay. so, don't act like my psychologist. go bother someone else." jeno smiled falsely.

"as if your stupid person would choose me to deal with you fucking useless problems..." renjun huffed turning around.

"you're aware that i can still hear you?"

"yeah."

"good. so shut the fuck up."

"same for you, asshole."

and with those beautiful words, they both got back to staring at their empty sheets of paper, waiting for the exercises to do themselves on their own.