☁ 18 ☁

"wake up sleepyhead." a voice disturbed jaemin from his peaceful sleep.

"mmh... let me rest a bit more..." he whined; his eyes still closed.

he heard a chuckle. "okay."

jaemin cuddled more into his bed with a smile on his face.

but then, he realised something.

this voice wasn't the head angel's one. it was way too delicate.

and this meant someone else was inside his house.

he abruptly opened his eyes, immediately sitting up to look around.

"i thought you wanted to sleep a few minutes more?" renjun said, surprised to see jaemin with both eyes open.

"r-renjun?"

"yeah, it's me." the chinese chuckled.

"where am i?"

"you fell asleep during our film yesterday night. jeno carried you to my room before going back to his." renjun explained.

jaemin's heart started beating rapidly, and his cheeks got redder every second. he felt like his wings were about to appear soon if he didn't calm his happiness.

"huh... can i... bathroom?" he asked shyly.

"of course, second door on the- "before he had finished his sentence, jaemin had already dashed outside. "left."

jaemin closed the door behind his back, locking it a second before his wings spring out.

he took deep breaths, a hand resting against his heart.

"oh my god." he sighed. "they need to stop acting like that with me, i'm going to get busted."

jaemin sat on the floor, his back resting against the door, and his wings wrapping around his body. he caressed them, the feeling of his fingers going through the white feathers soothing him.

he raised to his feet after a minute of regaining his spirits. it was time to go back to renjun, otherwise, the chinese would suspect things.

he made his wings disappear again and opened the door to walk to the kitchen.

"sit down jaemin." renjun pulled a chair for jaemin. "what do you want to eat?"

"huh..." he thought for a second, looking around when his eyes fell on a certain male. "jeno?"

renjun chuckled. "jeno is not a dish, jaem."

"n-no but... that's not what i wanted to say..." jaemin flushed red.

"i got there a minute before." jeno explained. "i thought it would be cool to go to class altogether."

jaemin and renjun nodded slowly, both smiling.

ten minutes later, the three boys were almost ready to go, jaemin and renjun waiting for jeno who had gone to the bathroom before leaving.

"renjun, who the hell plucked a dove inside your bathroom?" jeno asked, rearranging his hair.

"what?" renjun looked at him confusedly.

"there were white feathers everywhere."

jaemin widened his eyes.

how could he have left the bathroom so carelessly, without checking if some feathers had fallen from his wings.

"they probably fell from the opened window, i surely forgot to close it again." renjun shrugged. "i'll clean everything tonight. we should go now; we're going to be late."

and so, the three boys left the chinese's house to go to school.

"hah..." jaemin sighed. "i'm so happy."

jaemin was in an empty classroom, sitting next to the window from where he could see two boys chatting together in the school's garden.

of course, they were none other than renjun and jeno, staying together during lunch break while jaemin had to 'grab something at his house'.

the angel felt sad that he had to lie to them, because both boys were sweethearts and so attentive towards each other and towards jaemin. it was hard to lie when jaemin was just going to spy on them to see if things got better between the two. and they did.

this was why jaemin was this happy.

jeno and renjun hadn't fought since jaemin had made them hang out together, and this meant half of jaemin's work was done.

now he only needed to make them fall for each other, which didn't seem to be a problem considering how close they were.

maybe, the fact that they were enemies at some point made them closer? i mean, the more you hate, the more you love...

"they're so cute together!" jaemin squealed looking at jeno leaning his arm on the back rest of the bench, just where renjun's frame was, but without touching it.

"oh my god just date!" he yelled, squishing his face against the window at the sight of both boys laughing together. not realising it, jaemin's wings appeared because of the many feelings blotted inside his heart that he didn't manage to contain.

but was he to blame? they were absolutely stunning.

jeno's 'oh-so-manly' side completed renjun's petiteness, and renjun's bright side was contrasting with jeno's less expressive personality.

they fitted together so well.

no wonder the angels wanted to set them together.

jaemin himself – when he thought this mission was going to be literal hell – found himself enjoying the life here.

i mean, who wouldn't when what you have to do is watching at two gorgeous men all day and fangirl over them?

"their perfect couple makes me feel so lonely..." jaemin whispered dreamily, not really affected by his statement. "i really need to find myself someone like them..."